The Hill Country Cruisers Motorized Bicycle Club will be meeting at the Festival Park

GoldenMotor.com

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
The Hill Country Cruisers Motorized Bicycle Club will be meeting at the Festival Park near Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood Texas. We will be doing a meet and greet at 9:00 a.m. May 14th, 2011 followed by a ride around the local area.

Mapbike and I would like to invite any of the Central Texas area riders to come join us for the morning. At the meeting we will be discussing the club charter, expectations and what direction we would like to take the club.

This is a great opportunity for any enthusiast to get in on the ground floor of a new club being organized. The hope and expectations are to promote the safe, responsible MB sport. We will have a membership drive for those interested in joining however we will not be pressuring folks to join this is more about getting the Bikes out for a ride and sharing our passion with others.

We will have a chance to socialize with fellow riders, designers, fabricators and enthusiast. We all look forward to seeing you there.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Re: The Hill Country Cruisers Motorized Bicycle Club will be meeting at the Festival

Hello Texas, If no complaints I will bump this daily to keep it fresh. Really like to meet any that can make it to the area.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: The Hill Country Cruisers Motorized Bicycle Club will be meeting at the Festival

Wish you guys all the best. If I was a little closer I'd join, but if you start a newsletter I want to be on the mailing list.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

Will do bike nut, just pm your address and I will enter it in the Club log book.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

Don't be shy Texans, if your close by come on over.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Yep, we will have a good time looking at, riding on & discussing the bikes and talking about some future club plans I'm sure, weather is gonna be real nice too from what I've heard today, upper 70's low 80's and not windy....THE NOT WINDY will be a huge plus for sure if that turns out to be the case.

If someone wants to be there and doesn't know where this park is, just PM me and I'll give directions.

Peace

Don't be shy Texans, if your close by con on over.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

Last Call, if your in the area drop on by in the morning.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Well, Dan+1 & I had our first club ride today, very enjoyable little trip for all 2 of us...LOL!

Hey we gotta start somewhere huh......we talked a lot about the bikes and possible mods. and all the stuff that goes along with building and maintaining these little fun machines.

Weather here is very nice right now, a bit windy though, went on a 15+ mile trip and had to buck a pretty good wind all the way back but we averaged around 25MPH the entire trip, we both have very good running engines considering they are very new and are not broke in good yet, but with a good break in and a tad bit more tuning I feel we will be making that same trip at closer to a 30MPH average pace before long.

We are hoping to get a few more members as we go along and get some great rides organized in this area, nothing like good clean fun........in the great outdoors!

Peace, Shan

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

Good times with good people for sure. I learned alot to, Map bike filled in a lot of holes in my knowledge of these little china girls. Turns out that supercharged NOS burning 50 HP machine might not be posible, but I think I can knock off 40 mph with out going crazy, his bikes do. Which is no small deed with these country boys on um niether of us are tiny.

Now back to the honey do list, you know we killed 7 hours riding and talking, I enjoyed ever minute of it. We both got a couple sweet honeys that let us do this stuff we need to keep them happy.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Yes and Amen to all you said here bro.

Great people and great fun all the way around, aint that what this hobby is all about, you aint the only one that learned something new either, the way you had your bike cinched up in the truck was a much better way and much easier than the way I did mine..... my China Girls are gonna get hauled side saddle just like that from now on....... :-}

.bf. this here is one thing we managed not to do today....!

But we rode by them two young boys playing in the creek and I thought neither one had any ears......they were grinning so big when they seen our bikes their ears got pushed plum to the back of their heads.......

Peace, Shan

Good times with good people for sure. I learned alot to, Map bike filled in a lot of holes in my knowledge of these little china girls. Turns out that supercharged NOS burning 50 HP machine might not be posible, but I think I can knock off 40 mph with out going crazy, his bikes do. Which is no small deed with these country boys on um niether of us are tiny.

Now back to the honey do list, you know we killed 7 hours riding and talking, I enjoyed ever minute of it. We both got a couple sweet honeys that let us do this stuff we need to keep them happy.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

I thought little Jack Russel was going to catch up there for minute, for some short legs that lil fellor could cover some ground.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas

Hill Country Cruisers Meeting Minutes
Membership present - 2

Well we had our first gathering Saturday, May 14th 2011 at the park.

The meeting was started with introductions all around and a little show and tale with the bikes.

Mapbike served as the Safety officer for the meeting, as the most experienced rider and builder his call is gold.

We did a little bartering of trade goods on the tailgates.

Did some tuning and Mapbike did a great demo on how to change the clip in the Carburetor.

We rode the bikes around the park tuning and warming everything up.

Made a couple of short rides to feel the bikes out, compare speeds and get a feel for the area.

We went on a 15 mile group ride out to the Indian Creek Cemetery and back. Mapbike was gracious enough to offer me the Marshall slot, mostly as his bike was the fastest by far and he had to hang back waiting on my pokey lil thing.

Good Times.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Yes very enjoyable time......and hey there aint nothing wrong with a 25-27mph Cruise Speed on a 15 miles round trip, that's a good cruising speed, every ride is an adventure for me and they are all good any day on my engine-ized bike is good.

cant wait for the next ride....it'll probably be even better than the first or at least as good, we had talked about making the next one about twice as long of a trip so we will have twice as many sights of the scenery to take in and enjoy, nothing like a nice ride on the Texas country back roads.

Hill Country Cruisers Meeting Minutes
Membership present - 2

Well we had our first gathering Saturday, May 14th 2011 at the park.

The meeting was started with introductions all around and a little show and tale with the bikes.

Mapbike served as the Safety officer for the meeting, as the most experienced rider and builder his call is gold.

We did a little bartering of trade goods on the tailgates.

Did some tuning and Mapbike did a great demo on how to change the clip in the Carburetor.

We rode the bikes around the park tuning and warming everything up.

Made a couple of short rides to feel the bikes out, compare speeds and get a feel for the area.

We went on a 15 mile group ride out to the Indian Creek Cemetery and back. Mapbike was gracious enough to offer me the Marshall slot, mostly as his bike was the fastest by far and he had to hang back waiting on my pokey lil thing.

Good Times.