BGF 60T sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

FlyingHorse87

Jun 27, 2010
Jeannette, PA
I ordered a 60T sprocket from Boy Go Fast wednesday, got it today only three days later the whole way across the country! What a monster this sprocket is, it's a flat piece of cut plate steel a little over 1/8'' thick. Looks to be much stronger and higher quality than the stock dished cast 44T sprocket. I'm waiting for my new chain to arrive so I can install it, when it's assembled I'll post a GPS verified top speed and report the torque enhancement. My bike goes too fast to cruise comforatably now, my 180lbs friend had it up to 38MPH today on level ground. When I ride it the brakes are severly over worked and won't pull up hill very good.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
About 33% more more teeth or a little more,,36 mph devide by 3 and x 2 =24 mph aprox.(maybe 20 cruseing) ?

FlyingHorse87

Jun 27, 2010
Jeannette, PA
Re: BGF 60T sprocket. New pictures!

Here are some pictures of my new BGF 60T sprocket compared to the stock 44T sprocket. The 44T sprocket is 7 3/8" in diameter, the 60T sprocket is 9 3/4" in diameter. The pictures aren't the best, but I wanted to show anyone that's interested. My hub gaulded up today when I hit the brakes, so the install will be further delayed untill I get a new wheel.

Attachments

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I have been thinking about upgrading to a 60t to haul my fat butt up hills....