should i get a shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

dead

May 17, 2010
arizona
Right now i have a gt5 motor on a hard trail moutain bike. I have a 29 inch full suspension frame and am intrested in putting a motor on it i was looking around and sall the shift kit a sick bike wich would allow me to put a motor on a full suspension bike. So i was curios about the ease of install and clearance of this shift kit my rear shock sits under the top tube so putting a motor would be no problem i just dont know how the shift kit goes on.
Has any one put a motor on a 29 inch bike id like to know what to expect there as well.

Thanks to every one who posted on the cns carb you all helped me get mine tuned.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum! After about three posts [spam filter thingy] you can get us a picture of the bike that would really help us give advice. I would like to say it would work, but we need to see what ya got?

Looking forward to your picts and posts. Lots of great friendly helpful folks here!

dead

May 17, 2010
arizona
Well this is a 26inch version of what I plan on using the 29er has a larger frame with more clearance.Will a cns carb work with the shift kit if i get billited intake from pirate cycles?

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well boss my guess if you got the motor sitting there to look at, and the frame is indeed much bigger inside it may be one tight fit? Hard call for me from here. Some one else will pipe in soon enough. Might P.M. Ghosto or Pablo they are the makers of that kit. It would be interesting to get a pict view of the actual bike against the other bike so's to see where the motor might lay that will be a big help in figuring this out. That's how I do most of my thinking..

I think if you can cram the motor in the frame? There is enough clearance there at the rear wheel. Get us more picts with the engine sorta kinda there so to speak. There's a lot of folks here with experience on the J shaft. Some more fair picts will give you sound advice!

That is a sweet looking bike in that pict! I am thinking its too small , but would love to be wrong in that guess.scratg

dead

May 17, 2010
arizona
As it goes i have A few bikes to choose from i was thinking the 29er because it just climbes over everything i come across i have this cannondale scapel that has a vertical rear shock if you think clearance would be a problem this is probably be better.

Attachments

dead

May 17, 2010
arizona
Is there any frames you would recomend me and my friends run a bike shop so i can get most bikes cheap and have been thinking of selling bikes with motors most people ask if we sell em cuase my bike sits out side with the displays and people constantly ask if we sell em

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Right now i have a gt5 motor on a hard trail moutain bike. I have a 29 inch full suspension frame and am intrested in putting a motor on it i was looking around and sall the shift kit a sick bike wich would allow me to put a motor on a full suspension bike. So i was curios about the ease of install and clearance of this shift kit my rear shock sits under the top tube so putting a motor would be no problem i just dont know how the shift kit goes on.
Has any one put a motor on a 29 inch bike id like to know what to expect there as well.

Thanks to every one who posted on the cns carb you all helped me get mine tuned.
Welcome to the forum dead! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!