Not trying to start a fight here

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Here's some of the best advice I ever got:
When arguing with your wife if at ANY time you suddenly find yourself winning, APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY!
lol.... aint that the truth, just suck it up and say " Yes Dear" and then wash the dishes carry out the trash and cook her supper until she speaks to you again and lets you back in the bedroom......lol!

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Thank you guys, I thought I had dropped it way back when this thread I thought ended. But your right I should have just let what was said just go. I do enjoy talking with you
guys.

I try & contribute, Map you and Dave know that. I told the moderator I was not going
to let him drag me into another argument but I did. Sorry guys I showed weakness.

Fly

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thank you guys, I thought I had dropped it way back when this thread I thought ended. But your right I should have just let what was said just go. I do enjoy talking with you
guys.

I try & contribute, Map you and Dave know that. I told the moderator I was not going
to let him drag me into another argument but I did. Sorry guys I showed weakness.

Fly
We all have our moments at times, its just part of being human, when we have those moments we have to be reminded of whats really important sometimes also and then we regroup and forget about the past and move forward remembering only the valuable lesson learned and we use that experience to help us avoid falling into the same trap again.

Bottom line here is whats done, is whats done, we forgive so we may be forgiven and make sure that any bitterness is not allowed in our minds and we live this day better than the last and understand that there is no future in the past so we leave the past in the past and focus on doing things better today.

I can tell you first hand that none of the Moderators here have hurtful or unfair intentions, I have had my attitude adjusted by more than one of them more than one time since becoming a member here myself and every single time it was because i didn't know when to let well enough alone and based on the forum rules I deserved my little virtual whooping...LOL!!!

Lets just move forward and continue talking about our bikes and leaving the potentially controversial topics to either ourselves or lets share those things in PM's so we dont risk creating a flame on open forum, as we know two main subjects light these fires for some reason, so we should tread lightly around them and completely avoid debate about them, its a debate no one will or has ever won on here but it can create multiple losers, it can get people banned and if so they loose whether right or wrong about the topic, it can make others (newbies) not want to be a part of the forum because of the drama and if this happens they loose and so do the rest of us.

Map

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Very well said Map. Your a good guy & I enjoy our talks. I,m new to bicycles
but have a very long past in racing of both two stroke & four strokes. I still have
a ways to go learning bikes, & never knew how much was involved in what was
such a simple thing.

Hub,s for one thing blow me away. Some having sun & planetary gears, WOW.
How cool it that. Oh well I thank you my friend for being a friend.

Fly

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Very well said Map. Your a good guy & I enjoy our talks. I,m new to bicycles
but have a very long past in racing of both two stroke & four strokes. I still have
a ways to go learning bikes, & never knew how much was involved in what was
such a simple thing.

Hub,s for one thing blow me away. Some having sun & planetary gears, WOW.
How cool it that. Oh well I thank you my friend for being a friend.

Fly
Hey Fly all is good, lets have fun with our bikes and keep it simple best we can, thats one thing that makes this hobby so much fun for me, doesn't beak the bank and its fun and simple as you want it to be...

map

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
I disagree...
Lets look at Yamaha's world famous KT-100. Its air cooled, just like a bicycle engine.
Its been around for years.
It still dominates the KART 2 stroke 100cc class.
Yamaha recommends 20 to 1 .

For one industry example as I happen to be somewhat familiar with them - Yamaha, a world leader in engine design & manufacture doesn't "recommend" a 100:1 ratio for their two strokes, it's preset with their injected models & mandated by warranty validation with their premix versions. Alter the ratio to what you may think is better & you'll void the warranty.

Ever since the mid-nineteen eighties, their 2hp through 25hp premix engines are all 100:1, their oil-injected models (25hp & up) vary depending on RPM from 200:1 @ idle (yes, 200:1) to no more then 50:1 at max RPM/WOT (computer aided variable mix injectors). In fact the only exception to this would be their monster 300hp two stroke, which might briefly see 25:1 if it's screaming out at redline but under normal operation it's no more then the rest, a variable 50-100:1.

http://www.yamahapubs.com/index.do?pg=search&category=4

No posts have been removed and "free speech" actually does include other people's ability to disagree with you - the previous caution was regarding the building conflict & hostility, not your ability to state your opinion, which only needs comply with rule one: "treat all members with respect" http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2

There's a difference between debating & orating, if you're unwilling to allow others to participate in this thread should they express an opposing view - then yes, perhaps a forum where the primary objective is sharing our experiences isn't for you.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
Did you guys know that some two stroke spark-ignited engines run on kerosene as fuel, and no oil is added because the lubricity of the kerosene is sufficient?:ride2:
Outboard motors in Sierra Leone, for example.