Another Clutch Question.

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Is the drum for a 2 shoe clutch the same as a 3 shoe drum? There's some 3 shoe clutches listed on eBay real cheap right now and I think it's a good time to add one to my S5 N.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
On the Morinis I used in my experience no.. Can you use the 2/S drum on a 3/S clutch sure.
It will work. Only thing is The 3/S drum is deeper. Meaning that part of your shoes on a 3/S will be hanging out with the 2/S drum.

I got a new 2/S clutch assembly here that I am hanging on to for a spare. On a brand new 2/S drum it has a ridge right down the center of the bell that soon wears down. Prolly to help guide and break in the 2/S shoe assembly dunno? A brand new 3/S drum does not have this feature from what I have encountered...

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Thanks for the info, so I would need the drum, too.

Dang, not quite as simple as I hoped but still not bad for a better clutch setup.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I ran one this way temporarily and it will work. I later got the right bell for it and saved my two shoe assembly complete as a spare for dirt riding or sumthen lol. Robin took a 3/S shoe clutch and stuffed it into his old 2/S bell and never reported a prob with it..As he was upgrading from the fragile two shoe arrangement to the bullet proof three shoe.. Just telling you what I know for the most part. That's the best I got for you.

It does not hang out by much.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
S6T has a smaller carb on it and a two shoe clutch.. S6S has a 3 shoe stone clutch, as well as the S6C. Both of these came with a 19 mm venturi bore, PHBG dellorto carb. So this depends on what model engine your bike came with? As all these models will bolt right up to it. I think the new KTM model that Dax sells bolts right up too.