4 stroke oil cooler

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
well im in az i want to take all the shrouds off my motor so the flywheel wont be forcing air past the motor fins so for a just in case cooling i wanted to add an oil cooler

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's really not necessary or practical unless you are sitting at a traffic light for two hours at idle and the outside temperature is 125 degrees. Seriously.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
you could add cooling fins to your oil pan.

you could make little brackets and bolt a couple of CPU fans to the side of your cylinder, wire em up to the motor, or your lights.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
you could add cooling fins to your oil pan.

you could make little brackets and bolt a couple of CPU fans to the side of your cylinder, wire em up to the motor, or your lights.
Or you could add one of these.....

I've been meaning to put this little cooler on one of my 4-stroke builds......maybe one day I'll get around to it ;)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
I suppose another question would be: does the engine have an oil pump? I don't know how well the oil cooler will work unless there is something to pump the oil through it

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I suppose another question would be: does the engine have an oil pump? I don't know how well the oil cooler will work unless there is something to pump the oil through it
This;
Thermosiphon isn't going to work well, if at all, with thick oil...
Would maybe radiate some heat but without a pump what's the point?