I got a new Whizzer and a bunch of questions

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I love this. Answer, a rough intake and a short fat one. I like long stroke engines, I like to stroke all my Honda's. With a larger bore it will keep the revs high but when you stroke that same engine it then will pull and where you knew the other engine would give out the stroker would make power you just need to use it differently. I never got to actually get out on the track, except to try the engine. I built a lot of racing engines for the locals. One engine I had fun with was the old CB72 Honda for a 1/2 mile rider. I got most of the power out of the cams porting and the most important mod was the exhaust, I left all the standard ideas behind. I used the header size off of a 125, it had a 1" inside diameter it looked kooky but the thing would power like you never would believe. No one ever copied the idea cause it was just to out there. But it was just two 125cc engines running together. I like the way you think, I believe you about the temp reduction from the paint because of the extensive testing you have done, so I will add that to my reputuar, Thanks. Have you ever used the Prolong engine oil? I would never think anything would add to a good oil, but one of the Ford engineers had the data to support the stuff. I later had the opportunity to try for myself. We had a Dredge I was operating for the city, it had a bad alignment of one of the bearings that drove the pump, any way the thing would boil 120WT gear oil in 3hr. I added the Prolong and we never had to worry about the bearing again and you could now place your hand on it! Part of the learning curve for me. The engine was a 1200ci OHC Cat. Have fun, Dave

PS: I loved the Ducati, I had a 250, though I never got to enjoy it. As I got it built I got a good offer for the thing, I was building a Royal Enfield / Indian 750 twin that was my main focus. My ideal dream motorcycle its the Velocette Venom, I used to build them and vouched to own one some day, maybe in the next life. LOL

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH = 1964 FORD FACTORY SETUP = 427 CI W/DUAL 4 BARREL CARBS = HAD HUGE HEAVY CAST IRON EXHAUST MANAFOLDS, LOOKED LIKE (THEY WERE) RACING MANIFOLDS. I HAD TUBE HEADERS ON MY LATE MODEL STOCK CAR. WE WAS WINNING RACES. THE TUBE HEADERS WERE GETTING CRACKS AND DENTS. I PUT THE CAST HEADERS ON AND COULD NOT GET OUT OF MY OWN DUST!!!rotfl CLEANED UP THE TUBE HEADERS AND REINSTALLED THE NEXT DAY = BACK UP FRONT!! THAT WAS A 4 STROKE ENGINE , OF COURSE. THAT ENGINE HAD THE TUNNEL PORT HEADS, THE FACTORY ENGINE W/DUAL 4V HAD MEDIUM RISER HEADS. DO THE 2 CYCLES RESPOND DIFFERENTLY = NEED MORE BACK PRESSURE ?? WHERE CAN I GET SOME TURD POLISH FOR MY FRICTION DR MB ??;) rotfl LATER GUYS, RON

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
QUESTIONS = INTAKE MANIFOLD = ROUGH TO HELP MIX FUEL? LONG FOR FUEL VELOCITY? ARE REED VALVES IN THE CG HT MOTORS? IS IT WORTH THE TROUBLE TO INSTALL IF THEY ARE NOT IN THEM?? .bf.. .boogy1a THANKS, RON

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Ron, In tuning a two stroke all the info used in a four stroke is out the window. As for the reed valve in the happy time worth the trouble! I think so, but you need to get the piston skirt out of the way, you put windows in the skirt. After that you have the advantage of adding two extra scavenging ports, an old secret, not so secret any more. And another advantage is that the reed engines were good for low end, and that is what the Happy is all about. I tried to get one of the guys to finish one that was being built, but he just went with the Morini engine instead. there is an outfit out there that has a conversion for one of the pocket bike engines that would work good for us. After I get my Whizzer payed for I will start messing with the happy engines again. Look around for the stuff about the reed idea, I think is was over here or on motoredbikes not sure. Have fun I will keep an eye out for it. Have fun, Dave

PS: No back pressure.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
EGOR, THANKS FOR THE RESPONCE. I HAVE NOT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH BICYCLES FOR 50 YRS, UNTIL THIS SUMMER. I HAVE TEN CG HT KITS IN BOXES IN MY GARAGE BUT HAVE HARDLY LOOKED AT THEM. I THINK ON THE FORUM OR EBAY SOMEBODE HAD A REED VALVE SPACER BLOCK FOR THE HT MOTOR. I THINK THE CARB AND SEAT TUBE CLEARANCE IS A PROBLEM. I HAVE A SHIFT KIT SBP I BOUGHT MONTHS AGO. THERE IS A GIANT STILETTO CHOPPER FOR $250. LOCALLY - 7 SPEED. I THINK THE ARE NOT PRODUCED ANY MORE. A VENDER SELLS THAT NICE MOTOR MOUNT FOR $65. WITH THE CHOPPER THERE WOULD BE ROOM FOR THE REED BOX. I WILL PROBABLY GET INTO THE PISTON MODS TOO. IT GETS CONFUSING AT TIMES. I`M A BIT FEARFUL OF STOCK 26" BICYCLES WHEELS, BY THE TIME YOU BUY GOOD WHEELS THE PRICE ADDS UP. THAT IS WHY I`M THINKING A CHOPPER, BUT WITH A CHOPPER YOU ARE GETTING AWAY FROM THE BICYCLE FEEL. BEING LOWER ON THE CHOPPER MAY INCREASE THE CHANCE OF GETTING RUN OVER BY A CAR ETC. THERE IS ABOUT 3 SCHWINN STINGRAY CHOPPERS FOR SALE HERE FOR $75, $90, AND $150. AND 3 NEW AT $250. EA. BUT THERE ARE 1 SPEED AND NOT DISC BRAKE. NONE OF THEM HAVE FRONT BRAKES. I DON`T KNOW IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO CONVERT THE SCHWINNS TO SHIFTER HUBS AND WHAT IT WOULD COST. FAIRRACING SENT ME A LINK TO HEAVY DUTY 26" WHEELS. SOME OF THEM TAKE 15 MM AXLES. I`M NOT SURE IF THEY TAKE CASSETTES. I MAY JUST GET SOME GOOD 26 WHEELS AND STAY WITH THE BIKES. EGOR, I`M GETTING TOO OLD FOR ALL THESE DECISIONS!!rotfl YOU HAVE A COLLECTION OF MOTOR BIKES ETC IF I REMEMBER IT RIGHT. LATER RON PS I SHOULD PROBABLY JUST DELETE THIS POST. .fly I HOPE HIKER ISN`T CHARGING FOR USING HIS EMOCONS!! rotfl .boogy1a

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Ron - The piston port timing works well with the ports done up correct. I let a friend of mine ride the white bike the other day, he was amazed and how well it will pull. I would like to have that many kits, I have that many idea's in my head. It is funny how so many old racers are out here messing with the bike motors. I have a bunch of 60's Honda's out in the garage waiting to be messed with, but I just keep working on the happy time bikes. Have fun, Dave