Need Clutch help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
I just installed the clutch, and im not sure if its working right, i pull it from the clutch lever and its really hard to pull it. With it pulled i tryed to spin the engine's sprocket or gear and it wont turn. How do i know if the clutch is installed right and if its adjusted right?

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi; lubing the cable helps. your clutch is not disengaging. at the clutch end of cable, loosen the cable stay, be careful, an extra hand helps, pry clutch arm toward center of engine, tighten cable stay. if it is good you will be able to set the button on clutch lever and roll the bike. release the button and the rear wheel will slide. i did this by myself. i put a snap tie around the carb. loosely, slipped a screw driver through the loop and pried the bar back, tightened the tie to hold, then adjusted the cable. let us know if it worked. good luck. mitch

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you can put a vice grip on the clutch arm to help you move it while installing the cable makes the install easier after installing the cable pop the vice grip off and tada. I have a post on this forum to help you with the clutch but you will have to look for it under the classic install posts page #3 this should get you going

Last edited:

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
The thing is that im still installing the engine. I only mounted it so far and the next step is the set the clutch up, i cant roll my bike to see if it works because i cant even get the chain throw because the engine sprocket is lock tight. I try to push the clutch control arm all the way across the engine by hand but the sprocket still wont move. Does that mean i have to take the cluch apart like in Norman's clutch guide?

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
I took out the spark plug and it still wont turn. Man i think i have like a deffective clutch, i took out the cover of the engine's sprocket and tryed to push the rod myself but it wont move. Do i have to open up the other side and turn the flower nut or somthing like that?
Im starting to get frustrated with this someone please help

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Bolt the motor down tight and then run your cable per the instructions. The arm is hard to move the first couple of times sometimes. Put a small pipe over it or use a pair of lock pliers on the end of it and push it over a few times. Lubing the pivot point inside the case helps a lot. (you can shoot some oil in there at the end of the sprocket where the rod is.)

Once it's all hooked up adjust the cable housing at the handle all the way IN. Adjust the cable as tight as you can get it at the motor end, then wind the adjust OUT at the lever end until there is no play at the lever.

Rnalecz

Jul 19, 2008
Ha not sure what i did but i got the sprocket to start moving! Thanks for the help, hope i dont run into anymore big problems. But it is still really hard to pull the lever though