what to do first on chineese 2 stroke kit

GoldenMotor.com

thunderkiller

Jun 16, 2010
Turkey
well i bought a chinese 2 stroke engine kit as a closed box.
My expectancy was not so possitive for these chinese engines because of junky scooters.
I don't think there is so big differences for the quality regarding to brandnames.

First of all I completed the installation and after I test the bicycle and determined the problems;
1-Very heavy clutch
2-Noisy
3-bad performance

What I did for solutions;
1-shortened the cable to extract unneccessarry curves, lubricated the cable and some grease to clutch arm.
2-Opened the flywheel cover. There was no oil. Applied Grease oil to gears.
3-Change the spark plug with NGK. Carburetor fuel lever was incorrect.
Readjusted the float height and (regarding to my dirtbike experiences)
set the needle clip to one richer.(regarding to my dirtbike experiences again)
4-Applied Loctite to all bolt and nuts.
5-Tightened head bolts.
6-Tightened and lubricated the chain.

Now it runs great.
I think it will go longer if you don't force it on high rpm's and speeds for long periods. Also it is important to not to run so low rpms because it begins to knocking and it is bad for engine life. Operator should feel and ride the engine at its happy rpm's.

Another think is to pedal up to at least 10km speed before engaging the clutch to prevent grazing the clutch and shorten its life.

All above written are my own opinions.

Best regards,

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Agree with everything but the clutch thing. Yea, helping it out will improve it's life, but I've got one going on 3 months w/o pedal starting it and it shows little to no wear. If it does wear out:

15 pc bicycle Motorized ENGINE Rubber clutch pad square - eBay (item 190398669112 end time Jun-19-10 17:33:05 PDT)

$10.50 every few months isn't a price I'd mind paying to make my ride a little more comfortable. And this thing gets 40+ miles per day put on it.

Most important part of all that is the cable shortening. I think they give you enough length to hook up to like a chopper frame or stretch cruiser or something. It's almost unrideable stock, and if all you have to shorten the cable with is a pair of wire cutters than your not going to have a very nice time. Best thing is a dremmel or better yet a cut-off tool for an air compressor.