first build,bmx chainsaw,chain driven.

GoldenMotor.com

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
HTF did you get that motor to run? mines the same and it kicks and starts but wont run its not tuning either and im getting ****ty with it i mean wht do you get for $80

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
What a great idea RPB. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Working with "whats on hand", challenging but has to be the most fun when DIY.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
If you use a hockey puck, I wouldn't recommend the blue ones.

At the sports store near me, there are two kinds of pucks labelled "marking" (black) and "non-marking" (blue).

I was happy with the black ones. They're easy on the tire and they last a long time. But I tried a blue one to see if it would last longer. It blew up after about a mile.

After I cut out the rubber "donut" with hole saws, I epoxy it to a steel spacer. The spacer goes over the motor shaft and is held with set screws. It sounded like the blue roller started slipping just before it broke. Maybe a different glue (like urethane) is needed for the blue ones, but I'll just stick with plain old black pucks and epoxy.

In the pic, you can see how the puck has been screwed to a block of wood for drilling. I get two rollers from a puck. There is the broken blue roller and a black one that I haven't attached to that spacer yet (still have to drill and tap that spacer). Then I'll have one on my bike and two spares.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Cool Man!! You Could Fasten It To The Rack So It Can Not Move And Use Two Slotted Rear Supports Like "bikemotorparts.com" For Tire Pressure. Pm Fairracing31, He Is A Moderator. He Will Change Your Thread Name In A Heart Beat. Great Thinking Out Of The Box!! Ron