external fuel pump needed

GoldenMotor.com

satoch

Jun 2, 2011
Chicago
Hey guys, I did the "search" thing and got nothing even though I saw it before. I need an external fuel pump as I want to put the tank under the seat. I understand the is a Mikuni unit but I can't find it. Thanks in advance!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i know this is an old thread,but where would the impulse/vacum line be connected to run the pump?
i want to try walboro carb,but it needs an impulse conection.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I got a vacuum impulse pump on the honda gc160 on my rototiller that works dandy.
it can't be too expensive.
It's performed flawlessly for maybe 4 years and sit's out in the wx year round.
It was a used motor when I got it.
Hope that helps you make a decision.
rc

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I bough I bike rack recently so I could take my MB across cray traffic to more calmer roads. I found out it wouldn't fit and I turned my tank around only to find out that the tank fuel line was so elevated it would feed any gas to the carb. Would a pump like that help? Sorry I dont know much about 2 stroke pumps so I have been on youtube watching vids.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
if fuel tank is above carb,it should run.make sure line isnt crimped or pinched,and make sure tank filter isnt plugged.maybe it will run when tank is full.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
The Mikuni pumps are normally run from the crankcase pulse on snowmobiles and outboards.

Prolly would work on just intake pulse.

I have an experimental plane with a Continental engine that has no provision for a fuel pump or generator. I tapped into an exhaust stack with a 12" piece of 1/4" stainless tube. and use this pulse to drive my pump. It pulls the gas up 30" to the carb, and maintains 2 lbs at idle, 3 lbs at higher rpm. 6 years and 200 hours later, still works perfect.