**whats Wrong With My Cluth?**

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
two days ago my idler wheel fell off and became unusable from my way home from work. so to make it the rest of the way home i took my chain partially off so i could ride it like normal. today i tried to reassemble the clutch plate but i am not getting any tension at all when i try to fasten the clutch cable. attached are some pictures. i don't know what happened, but when i attach the clutch plate i can push the lever counter-clockwise with no pressure at all. so basically its not engaging the clutch, any suggestions?

Attachments

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
i don't know, does that come out easily? if so, it may have come out when i was riding home cause i didn't have the clutch plate on. how much does that cost to replace?

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
It was a dark stormy night, deep in the back woods on the way to grandma's house, No sorry wrong forum. Where is the grease that is supposed to hold the bearing in place? You took it apart on the side of the road and it fell out.
Been there myself. Ball bearing and pin Dude, that will get you riding again:)
I look at my clutch at least once a month, or 6 tanks of gas. No shame, we all get lax in the thing we need to do. I am the first to admit that. No biggie!
Later Tramp (c)

VaporKing

May 15, 2008
Hi Bowler.

Regarding the clutch rod and ball-bearing:

Good news and bad news (mostly good):

First of all, you may still have the ball bearing. It is usually difficult to remove (because it is almost held-in with greasy vacuum), and most people have to remove it with a magnet.

The rod is probably lost somewhere. ThatsDax is currently out of stock, however, you may make one. You may purchase a steel rod of identical diameter from Ace Hardware, and cut your own. The rod goes for about $4.00-$5.00, and is about 5 feet long.

There are two different versions for the length of the rclutch rod (per Duane from ThatsDax).

If you inspect with a flashlight, and see that the ball bearing is also gone, some Ace Stores sell ball the bearings. If your ace doesn't have it, any bicycle shop should have the right bearing.

Does anyone have the specific sizes available?

PS (Never drive bike with clutch box open. The same thing happened to me once)

Send me a personal message if you can't determine the correct sizes.

VaporKing

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
haha, yeah, thanks for all your help. i guess i wasn't thinking properly when i was trying to fix my bike. i just caused a different problem rotfl i guess you live and you learn.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yep #24 and #25 clutch rod, and clutch ball.......unless the ball is still in there. Might try a magnetic pickup stuck in the hole and make sure the ball is gone. Sometimes a little grease might hold it in....