Still runs great

GoldenMotor.com

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
after not being used for over 5 months I took it out and started right up even on the old fuel

Runs strong

last time I rode it, over 5 months ago an engine stud broke causing the intake to break off and bike stopped running
I had a piece of velcro strap I used to hold the carb on good enough to ride to a friends house, barely made it

Bought upgraded studs ( supposed to be stronger) and metal intake tube
hopefully this wont happen again
but to be fair I had probably 7 or more gallons of fuel through the bike before anything broke. I always checked the bolts, well near the end. They were always tight so I had stopped. Just broke from vibrations I guess. If you see in the video look in my mirror this bike runs very smooth
No vibrations. I remember right before the stud broke, or maybe it was broke I had bad vibrations but since I rarely ride it I couldnt remember if that was normal. That was my sign something was wrong. But I did make it over 7 miles like that until the intake broke off.

but its been fixed for a long time now just have not rode it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJUy2zgXDgY

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Wow, I would think something with my bike was wrong if there was no vibration...love the sound of your engine...great video too...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Congratulations and welcome back to riding.
They are fun, aren't they. They're hard to stay away from once bitten by the bug.

Have fun and ride safe and thanks for sharing the vid with us.

Tom