80cc motorized bicycle vs. 80cc scooter - Who will win?

GoldenMotor.com

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
As you can see I have made both my machines clearly visible and have decide to put them in the most grueling head to head no-holds bar super challenge for top bike in my life.. it's evenly matched though you tend not to have the sensation that you're gripping dual jackhammers with the Honda and the Honda also doesn't sound like a suped-up R/C car when it's running- Let's begin!

WHO WILL WIN?!!

Ooops..party foul..was trying to start up the 80cc MB Moongoose here and the darn chain just fell off-just fell right off and fellas? It was on right, so no posting that one for me, ok?..the master link shot across the parking garage and I'm actually still looking for it too..it's in here somewhere..hmm. Maybe I can get some family members involved down here to see if we can't locate it!

Well I was in the process of just leaning the motorized bike against the wall here and the entire engine just fell off the frame, jeez .. check those bolts guys- at every stop light!!!

So I'm afraid the moped wins the challenge by default- I was actually looking forward to riding my MB but I guess you have to stay on top of things!

But you know what my grandpa says--"Why are you doing that for again?" Phfft! Grandpa, Because it's there!

To be continued.. maybe.

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Sounds to me like someone wanted your motor more then you did. Seems a little strange that both the motor mounts were loose. I could see one or two nuts being loose but not all four. I check all that stuff both before and after a ride.

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
A-uh..um..it was a joke. I was mocking quality control, my own shortness, etc..the motorized bicycle as a "fail". Come on guys..

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It may be a HT, but my engine doesn't do that. My bike may be an antique, but it isn't ready for the rest home yet either.

I need to wait for my tank to be finished, and I plan to pick up a Delorto carb. My bike's not 80 cc, but I'd be willing to have a go at a Honda Elite. :)

xct2

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Umm your bicycle engine is a 66cc and the honda is 80cc.
There is no comparison here.
I would seriously reprimand your research team on their job of giving you accurate information to fairly bias this contest.
As it stands, before it even began, it was highly slanted towards the Honda; notwithstanding the fact that the motorized bicycle is in dire need of routine maintenance, and carefully applied Loc-Tite at critical locations.

In conclusion, I understand that this all was a joke to begin with, but facts are facts.

Now then, race that Honda 80cc against a Morini 80cc equipped bicycle and see who wins! ;)

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
Ah. Well it wasn't a very good one. We have some members on here with motorbikes that could kick a scooter's butt.
That sounds like a challenge. I accept.. if you can have a RUNNING MB at my place at noon- we'll race. And bring a helmet- 'cause someone's gonna get hurt! I love both bikes but my 25 y.o. Honda can easily MAINTAIN 45mph INDEFINATELY. That's pretty fast.. I dunno.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
And mine does 41 in a "de-tuned state" to protect my engine and make cruising easier. If it came down to a challenge I could add an expansion chamber and go back and re-tune some stuff and I could make it do 45 easy. But since I'm literally the only MBer within a 25 mile radius of where I ride and getting to any other rider means 55 MPH roads, I don't feel the need to run all out, all the time, 75% is fine with me. :D

Peace,
Vista

(p)