Livefastmotors 40cc 2 Cycle fit BMP kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
"If you have any questions PLEASE give us a call or send us an email BEFORE you buy! Thanks!

CALL (801)830-8465"

Says on the Ebay listing. Looks like a 56mm to me.

bjpru66

Mar 9, 2008
Arizona
I emailed them and after 3 or 4 days they replied and said it has a 70mm clutch. I am not sure if that will work with a 76/78mm drum and they didn.t say.
They do not offer much information in the listing and that is probably why they are not selling any of them.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If they cloned the EC04 accurately, then the PTO looks like this:

ec04_h.htm

Looks like max diameter is 88mm, and a 76 clutch shoe / 78mm clutch drum would fit in there quite comfortably.

Last edited:

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
I believe that engine has the clutch size you need. But, there are many engines to choose from on Ebay and from many scooter parts sites. Here's an HP engine that will bolt right up to your BMP just take the little gear box off first.Mini Pocket Bike / ATV Engine 51CC With Upgraded Carb - eBay (item 190429592175 end time Nov-08-10 07:29:52 PST)

Here is the standard 2 HP pocket bike engine 49cc Pocket Bike Engine - eBay (item 250718287529 end time Nov-27-10 09:01:23 PST)

If you do your homework you can even find electric start engines that will charge a battery.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Here's an HP engine that will bolt right up to your BMP just take the little gear box off first.Mini Pocket Bike / ATV Engine 51CC With Upgraded Carb - eBay (item 190429592175 end time Nov-08-10 07:29:52 PST)
Yeah, but look at the price! Plus, I would have to add a gas tank.

Yeah, but look at the shipping price! Plus, I would have to add a gas tank.

The Livefastmotors 40cc 2 Cycle engine would cost $ 95 delivered, with gas tank, and it looks like it even comes with some sort of kill switch.
I am looking for some cheap engines to build some motorized friction drive bikes for some of the neighborhood kids around here who don't have a lot of money to spend.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
After emailing some people who had bought the engine, it is verified that it uses the 76 clutch shoe / 78mm clutch drum setup.

bjpru66

Mar 9, 2008
Arizona
After emailing some people who had bought the engine, it is verified that it uses the 76 clutch shoe / 78mm clutch drum setup.
I just bought one of the 40cc Livefast engines. After I get it I will post exactly what the specs. are and what is included.
I also emailed several peple who bought this engine and they seem to be real pleased with it but didn't give any real details.
This could be a real good engine for the friction drive setups and also using a CVT setup.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I just bought one of the 40cc Livefast engines. After I get it I will post exactly what the specs. are and what is included.
I also emailed several peple who bought this engine and they seem to be real pleased with it but didn't give any real details.
This could be a real good engine for the friction drive setups and also using a CVT setup.
Looking forward to your report.
If this engine does indeed fit the BMP and DAX kits, then a lot of the neighborhood kids around here are going to be riding motorized bicycles soon!

bjpru66

Mar 9, 2008
Arizona
Hey guys,
I ended up buying 3 of these engines. They indeed do fit the BMP friction drive kit so they should fit the Dax kit. They also fit the CVT gearboxes!!
Haven't had the time to install the kit yet, but I had several emails with guys who have used them and they say they are very good and have great power for a 40cc.
They come with a 59" throttle cable and a thumb throttle plus a cut off switch with long wiring.
After I have the time to install and test I will post back.
Bill

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
WOW, The kit includes a 59" throttle cable, thumb throttle plus a cut off switch with long wiring, and fits he DAX and BMP 76/78 mm friction kits.

I am sure Livefastmotors could sell tons more of these engines if only he included this information in his item description.