Old guy, new to forum

GoldenMotor.com

greenecycle

Aug 21, 2010
North Florida
Hi, My name is Joel. I am 61 years young and have been a motorcycle nut forever. I pretty much like anything with two wheels and a motor, but have been fascinated with powered bicycles since I was a kid. I presently have a Bike Bug engine (Tanaka Aqua Bug) and a '57 Western Auto bike. Looking forward to perusing the posts. I'm especially interested in adapting a Maytag engine on an older bicycle frame or using one of the heavy duty industrial bikes like a Workman. Happy to see there's a website for this stuff.
Thanks,
Joel Greene

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Joel.There's a guy that just joined and he says he has one of those Tanaka gooma gatchie bug thingies.
I think he's from Ohio?
I'd never heard of them before but I'm relatively new to motorized bicycles.I've always been a motorcycle guy.
But these motorized bicycles grow on ya.I've built 20 this year and sold 18.So I've been bitten.I even took my Blue and white "retro"55 Schwinn to a Harley dealers open house/bike show and I'll be damed if I did'nt win first place"most nostalgic".Course that just got me hooked even more.
If your interested in seeing it and other bikes I've built e-mail me! [email protected]
Lata,Kip

Last edited: