Love the CNS carb

GoldenMotor.com

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
...and when trying to start it its causing the overflow to...flow and flood my filter. Lame.

Is this correct? It is tight. :/

Edit: Yeah its correct.

Last edited:

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
how exactly do you tune this carb, I bought one and it never worked properly, it would rev up and die as soon as the rpms would rise. so i just did what you recommended and capped all but the overflow but now how do I go about retuning? where do I get jets and which ones do you change other than the pilot?

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
Old carb washer for clip/needle on left, new A style spring retainer thing from the CNS on right.

and combine the two so now the needle is getting pushed down, seems this fixed high idle, tomorrow will tell.

Check the plug in the morning and keep tuning since now I'm all outta wack. :p

Last edited:

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
venlaw , do you have your left or right tube capped ? , as when i capped my right one it wouldnt run and wants to just die like yours was doing.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Interesting...

I'll freely admit that due to the lack of specific information on this carb I've tuned mine via good ol' fashioned trial & error, I've no idea why what works so well with mine is proving disastrous w/yers... that's just more confusing & I'm sorry if it's caused ya problems, now I'm wondering wassup w/mine o_O so I guess we're back to "whatever works" lol

I'm tempted to go & fiddle around w/mine some more... but as it's running so perfectly now I'm reluctant to screw it up TBH :p

I really wish the "instructions" were a lil more precise than "there's some tubes... they do some stuff" laff

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
thanks for responce venlaw , in your last post there , new style spring retainer thing is it supposd to be sitting up in the air like that or laying down flat i realize you added the old clip as well just wondering position of the new clip if it should be up in the air like that from factory or somthing your trying out , as mine is laying flat down i hit 40 yesterday on flat road with no hills or air so shes running pretty good , just started my seccond tank on the 49cc from zoom , speed takin with my garmin oregon 450 gps

Last edited:

Venlaw

Apr 7, 2010
Canada
When I first took it apart it came out, so I have no idea how it was. :)

I guess lying down makes sense as it might be pushing on the c-clip then...meh, I like the old washer style better anyways.

Last edited:

T Rock

May 5, 2010
Florida
I Have the same CNS carb! But once I traded out the the crumby manifold that comes with the carb for the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake it was like nite & day. If you think the CNS Carb is nice try it with a ported intake...WOW
Yea the manifold that comes with the carb is junk! After a few rides, the vibration from the engine will crack the weld at the flange and cause a vacuum leak. This drove me crazy when the crack is small you will experience poor running conditions at top end. Get a new intake manifold ASAP! and avoid problems. Also the intake that comes with that carb is so long and has no support, its very flimsy, go for a billet or cast intake, much better.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Hi guys,
I just bought one of these carbs too But I haven't have the time to install. I agree that the intake that it comes with seems cheap and very restrictive. Have we come to a concensous on which ports need to be capped and left vented? I understand that the bowl vent should be left open. Are the others capped?
Thanks
Photos are best for my slow brain.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
right now i have the left sie one capped but heard i should be capping the right hand side one , bu when i do i bog down rel bad so not sre yet on this one :)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yea... about that :oops:

Because of all the feedback in this thread I decided to do a lil experimenting jus' to see wassup... and as it turns out I may have advised ya'll incorrectly. I removed the cap from the right port and stuck it on the left - and got a slightly better idle o_O

So I beg to be forgiven *shame*

It's interesting tho, I suffered none of the problems others had when they capped the right hand one... it was while I was doing it's initial tuning & break in & then I jus' left it be... but still, thanks guys for your insights - I'm glad for it as everythin' is as it should be with my carby now (^)

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Yea... about that :oops:

Because of all the feedback in this thread I decided to do a lil experimenting jus' to see wassup... and as it turns out I may have advised ya'll incorrectly. I removed the cap from the right port and stuck it on the left - and got a slightly better idle o_O

So I beg to be forgiven *shame*

It's interesting tho, I suffered none of the problems others had when they capped the right hand one... it was while I was doing it's initial tuning & break in & then I jus' left it be... but still, thanks guys for your insights - I'm glad for it as everythin' is as it should be with my carby now (^)
There is no *shame* in that. It has been over a hundred degrees here . The power companies are having an hard time keeping up with the demand. I was working outside and was cutting an simple 2x4 frame. And I grabbed the wrong size every time. Brain lock from the heat I guess. At least I hope so LOL
We all get it

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
I Have the same CNS carb! But once I traded out the the crumby manifold that comes with the carb for the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake it was like nite & day. If you think the CNS Carb is nice try it with a ported intake...WOW

Ok sounded good to me so I bought the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake to use with my cns carb but now I cant fit the carb with out twisting the carb to make it clear the clutch cable? How did you mount your carb? With the cable in the way I just dont see how this intake can work with this carb?

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
where can i order the Ported Billet Intake i am in canada and looking at there shipping they dont ship to canada ? like to add this to my zoom's 80cc with racing carb

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike
Has anyone else had a problem using the Pirate Cycles ported billet intake and a CNS carb? If so how did you get around the clutch cable mount? And is it OK to twist the carb on the intake to clear the clutch cable and its mount?