greetings from new orleans...

GoldenMotor.com

mrfoochie

May 25, 2010
new orleans
i'm a tinkerer and a two wheel enthusiast down here in new orleans... it's hot here already and for some reason i'm loving it this year... i've been reading this forum for nearly three weeks, wow you folks have a really fantastic thing here! i love the constructive enthusiasm that seems to course through this group's veins... i recently sold my vespa to pay tuition and i miss riding... i do have a 58 schwinn tornado though and i hear it asking me for a motor... it doesn't seem quite sturdy enough but maybe that is the fun part... we shall see... i've been in contact with pirate about one of jim's motors, mounts, sprockets, etc... they seem cool... anyone else i should talk to before buying? advice? thanks, looking forward to getting to know you all better...

slowpoke

May 12, 2010
North Texas
Welcome to the forum mrfoochie (from a newbie). And to the obsession. Whatever you build, it's sure to be loads of fun to build, aside from the inherent challenges, and fun to ride! Challenges come from the fact that these are bicycles, after all, and bicycles aren't built for motors. Although the Chinese engine kits are built for bicycles, it's not always a perfect fit, but ususally a workable fit.

A motorized bicycle won't match the soft ride of your Vespa, so figure on buying a comfortable seat for your bike (I'm still looking for the perfect seat).

The fun factor is really hard to put a value on for me. I retired from work a few months ago, built my bike in early April, and average 20-35 miles a day on the bike, "just 'cause", for no other reason than the ride itself. I call it my reward system for knocking things off the "honey do" list, and being an all-around good guy.

Hope your build and ride is fun, too.

slowpoke