completed 3 wheeler project

GoldenMotor.com

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
I personally think it'd be great if more of us were building out trikes. Last summer when I rode my stretch around town a majority of people who questioned where/how I got mine were older/seniors who said outright if there was a motorized trike readily available, they'd jump on it in an instant.

for braking you might want to look into disc brakes..

Last edited:

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
Nice looking 3 wheeler, about the muffler it looks like you used shielded conduit or something else?
I like it and would like to know how you did it and hows it sound?
Nice, Steve.
hey steve sorry about not getting back to sooner,that is conduit works great i still attach it to the muffler that came with the kit with some modification runs real quiet if your interested in building one i have the mounts available and will walk you through it im building 2 more for folks im fabricating a solid wall pipe and on the other im going to chrome plate the conduit both pipe & conduit will be chrome . cliff

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
I personally think it'd be great if more of us were building out trikes. Last summer when I rode my stretch around town a majority of people who questioned where/how I got mine were older/seniors who said outright if there was a motorized trike readily available, they'd jump on it in an instant.

for braking you might want to look into disc brakes..
thats great to hear about the old folks i am building 2 more because people saw me riding & asked me to build one if you could give me more info on disc brakes dident know they were available i think i started a demand for the trikes for older generation with the motor mounts i can build one in about 5 hours im thinking about extending the forks like a chopper i saw a picture of one on the forum that looked like a springer front end anyone know if such a thing is out there cliff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
hi tom that sounds great maybe the other guys will share some pics if i can get my act together i will also who makes your 3 wheeler? cliff
Cliff,
Sorry I missed your question. Better late than never...:)
My trike is made by Trailmate, Bradenton, Florida. It is designed for the physically challenged whereby it has an opening in the frame where one simply sits down in it. I'm going to close up that gap however in an effort to add some rigidity to the frame. It tends to twist a little on acceleration. I'll post some photos in my thread, http://motorbicycling.com/f36/2doors-titan-trike-13591.html
Tom

Last edited:

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
I just thought I would post some photos of the 40 year old Monkey Wards trike which belonged to a great-aunt of mine. I have the rear basket and fenders for it. It has a 3-speed hub. The other picture is of my first motorized bike, which I completed about a week ago.

Rod S

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rod,
I'm wondering if you could use that 3 speed hub and motorize the pedal chain. You'd need a freewheel for the crank but it could be done. :) Your aunt's trike has lots of potential. Keep us posted. And, your first build looks good. Congrats.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You guys have me thinking about a three wheeler for older riders. My step through bikes are being built for elders and I can see there would be real interest in a trike... easy to mount and if the engine is in-frame then the basket is free for cargo. I had a sun trike made in Arizona at one time that would have worked well. Worksman makes a heavy duty trike with an optional 3 speed. That might make an awesome bike. I like seeing different kinds of bikes out there... kind of stretches the boundaries of our thinking.
SB

reckshaw

Feb 17, 2010
Alabama
HI SADDLE TRAMP SORRY I CASHED OUT ON YA I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO EXCHANGE IDEAS AND PICS BUT I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND IF I STILL HAVE TO WAIT TO POST THEM I GOT THE THING I WAS MISSING AND WILL TRY NOW I JUST PREVIEWED THIS POST AND I THINK IT WORKED NOW I KNOW HOW TO POST PIC I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED HAVE ALOT OF NEW IDEAS FOR EXHAUST HEADER STRETCHED RAD GAS TANK GREASE ZERTS FOR AXLE HUB AS FAST AS THIS IS I NEED TO REWORK REAR BRAKE SO I CAN STOP ANY IDEAS ON THESE OPTIONS CLIFF
Hello there, looks really good. Would you like to share the details and parts etc. I have just purchased a kit and a Meridian and would like to get the kit installed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks