54t or 60t sprocket needed

GoldenMotor.com

Deispring

Apr 20, 2009
California
I've got a 48 tooth sprocket on my bike now, but it's not giving me enough torque to get up a rather steep hill on my way to work. I'm pulling around 300lb so I need as much torque as possible. So, will either a 54t or 60t give me what I need, and if so, where can I get one. Any time I see a 60t sprocket online it referes to them as being #35 pitch, and i have no idea what that refers to or if it will work.
Here is the link i found.

#35 60T Sprocket 4 Bolt

I know that I'll have to drill out 9 holes to get it to fit the rim, but will it work in all other respects? If not, any other suggestions out there?

Deispring.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I've got a 48 tooth sprocket on my bike now, but it's not giving me enough torque to get up a rather steep hill on my way to work. I'm pulling around 300lb so I need as much torque as possible. So, will either a 54t or 60t give me what I need, and if so, where can I get one. Any time I see a 60t sprocket online it referes to them as being #35 pitch, and i have no idea what that refers to or if it will work.
Here is the link i found.

#35 60T Sprocket 4 Bolt

I know that I'll have to drill out 9 holes to get it to fit the rim, but will it work in all other respects? If not, any other suggestions out there?

Deispring.

Thats dax has a direct replacement NO drilling needed.

56 tooth 27 dollars plus ten dollars shipping.
ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2

ARE You are using a happytime engine and motorized bicycle parts .
The 35 pitch is a scooter size
You will have to change your drive sprocket and chain to use a 35 pitch rear sprocket.
WAYYYY too much work when a direct replacement is available easily.

Your scooter place does have a nice price on throttle cables though.

Last edited:

Deispring

Apr 20, 2009
California
Thanks for the reply.
I do have a Motor Kit, not a scooter conversion or anything of the like. I only mentioned the #35 Pitch because a generic Google Search of 60t sprocket brings up several sprockets that are, of course, #35 pitch. I would assume that this is for go-carts or something of the like, but i didn't know how that compared to the standard sprockets used by our motor kits. I have seen the chain referred to as being 415, but I don't know how that compares to #35, so that's where my question came from.

Thanks.
Deispring