My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Great looking bike!
Clean. I like the fenders!

You might want to make sure those fender mounts are reinforced with L brackets or something, the vibes will break off the sheetmetal tabs pretty quickly, then a crash generally follows. There's a thread about it somewhere on here.

JankeyKevin

Aug 10, 2016
MotorCity
MindStorm; I really like your ride. Is it a 29"? What kinds of speed do you estimate you are attaining?

You have added some nice touches, like the braided fuel line (I had not seen that on a MB). Hard to see but did you also wrap your CDI wires? What did you use and what was your process? Do you have a better photo of just that? Lastly, I have an extra coil wire and am thinking of cutting one end off and converting my CDI. How difficult was the process of ungluing the old wire and inserting the new? Any tips for us? I am debating whether to swap the wire or just crimp a better boot on the original wire.... Thanks.

MindStorm

Oct 10, 2016
California
Thanks JankeyKevin.
Bike: 26" Dynacraft Sandman
Engine: 66cc GT5
Sprocket: 34t Flat
Plug Wire: TAYLOR Spiro Pro 8mm Silicone
Plug: NGK B7HS. Gap .023
Wire Wrap: PAINLESS Classic Braid. 1/8" & 1/4"

To get the extra length for the CDI wires I cut the ends and added some color match wires, I used slim butt connectors and heat-shrink wrapped them.

For the upgraded plug wire I had to cut the outside layer off, and add some heat shrink to build the OD to 7mm. (8mm wire is to big to screw into the CDI). Your plug wire unscrews from the CDI, hold the CDI and twist CCW (counter clockwise) to remove.
*Replace whole plug wire, boot, and an NGK plug= smoother ride, better response, and less vibration!

I just got my speedo, the digital computer type. 30 mph is a smooth ride all around with more power to spare, it was raining out so I haven't got top speed yet, I'll update you as soon as I can!

Attachments

Last edited:

JankeyKevin

Aug 10, 2016
MotorCity
Thank you Mind Storm! That is good info which I will be incorporating into my ride; hope you don't mind that I steal some of your ideas. zpt

MindStorm

Oct 10, 2016
California
No problem JankeyKevin. With the stock muffler it tops out at 33-35, so I had another stock muffler and cut it open and removed any baffling and most restrictions, welded it back up and got 44.69! on the same stretch of road.

Last edited: