Motorized Bike Trip To Biloxi,ms.

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
All i can tell you guys is if you want to really see a town. Do it on a motorized bicycle! It was one of the best experiences I've had.NEVER FORGET IT!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Toker,
Congratulations. That had to be an amazing trip. From where to Biloxi? What was your total milage?
Get back to us with details. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.
Tom

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
ok. i drove from north alabama down to gulf port,ms.my mother-in-law lives down there.thats where i unloaded my bike and took off from.yea, if you really want to see a town do it on a motorized bicycle.everywhere i went people were like "did you ride that all the way from alabama". lol! it was a good test for our set-ups (Home Page) alot of sand and grit on the roads and i got no wear on our drive roller.the bike never gave me one second of trouble.thats what i really like about the friction drives.there simple. as long as its not wet you have a very dependable set-up.i think i might have sold a few units from people that had never seen motorized bikes.anyway, everyone needs to go and tour a town on their bikes.i will probably go down to NEW ORLEANS next time i go.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
My Daughter lived in Ocean Springs, Loved that town. It is over the bridge east of Biloxi. I have not been back sence the hurracan. Glad they seem to have rebuilt.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
to be honest.with a brand new tire i believe you get a little tire wear,because the tread is a little soft,after that its almost like you get no wear.i've probably got 500-800 miles on my set-up and will probably get 500 more miles. when you figure out what the motor sounds like when its slipping, you learn what not to do. hope, this helps. also, it looks like the front tire is wearing about the same.dance1

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Hi Ace T, It was good reading your pleasant experiences on your trip,how many miles do you figure that was. And how long did it take you, considering that it wasn't a death race or anything like that. On you tube this guy Paul Crabtree did a video about his long trip from your state, Holly Pond, Alabama to Denver, and he stated that he used a little over 12 gallons of gas for the 2000 mile journey. That little film blew my mind, I never thought anyone would ever attempt anything like that, I'm sure there are others that have done the same or more. What I'm wondering most states have totally different laws regarding gas bikes. Texas law for example are real tough on gas bikes they have the same laws that apply to motorcycles. I wonder how Paul managed to get through that big state without any problems. good luck

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
ok everyone.....i didn't ride my bike from alabama to biloxi.i took my bike on a rack on my truck. then i rode all over the coast. i did put about a hundred miles on my bike in 2 days, but i was never more than 15 miles from my truck.thats still along way.