correct rim size for Skyhawk frame

GoldenMotor.com

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
Hi all, I recently ordered a sky hawk frame, I am super excited. I don't know what wheel size I need though. If someone could give me a link to a wheel set, front and back on ebay or something that would be great. I am looking to have 7 speeds on the back rim, and a disc brake on the front rim. Any advice would be awesome thanks

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
edit: actually probably just want a single speed not a 7, cause I don't want to spend time/ money on a derailer/shifter. I do need it to be a freewheel though, I HATE coaster brakes

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"26" frame made especially heavy duty for gas engine applications".
Sounds like 26" wheels.
Members have been happy with the Husky wheel sets.
https://www.huskybicycles.com
A multigear rear wheel can be converted to a freewheeling single speed with a kit.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I run a single freewheel myself- and match the chains as best as I can with half-links- which is not always an exact science and one chain- the motor usually may stretch more than the other and need re-adjusting- I have 22 teeth freewheels and I think the bikes have a 42 and 44 front- an easily pedalling gear!

but I HATE tensioners- the weight, the failure risk, the extra links

On the other hand I have run a derailleur in the past- and it's not a bad gig- simply because a derailleur automatically tensions the pedal chain then- all you have top do is sert the motor chain -

and you can also get now a lightweight 3 speed freewheel on ebay, that's almost as light as a single freewheel, but still gives you some pedalling ranges-