Motorized Bicycle vs Snakezilla

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
It was a beautiful day so I decided to adjust the Mikuni carb on my motorized bicycle. I had just installed a new pipe and the bike was running lean. I was flying down the road at WOT to do a plug chop when I realized I was right on top of a large snake crawling across the road. Before I could react I heard a crunch and felt a slight bump. When I looked in the mirror I could see the snake rolling and wiggling like it was trying to tie itself in a knott. I hurried home to get my wife who jumped on her scooter and we rode back to the snake. There in the middle of the road was the largest copperhead I've ever seen. Unfortunately, we didnt have our phones with us, so no photos.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I like snakes myself and have owned some truly huge ones but a copperhead is nothing to mess with, and it's not like you aimed for him. You couldn't do anything to avoid it. Sh%$ happens.
Shoulda got some pics though...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've had chipmunks run under my tire twice while riding (with predictable results for the chipmunk)and I clipped a squirrel once but he kept right on truckin' down the road.
He didn't even slow down, just bounced off.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If you'd like a posterior puckering moment, run over an armadillo on a motorcycle........turned out to be a non-event.

Also had an owl hit me in the side of my helmet --- had a kink in my neck for a month. The owl didn't ever do that again.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
If you'd like a posterior puckering moment, run over an armadillo on a motorcycle........turned out to be a non-event.

Also had an owl hit me in the side of my helmet --- had a kink in my neck for a month. The owl didn't ever do that again.
That sounds like it would suck.

Just a little. :D

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
One day after it was raining cats and dogs I ran over a poodle and it got my pants leg wet. Get it poodle....puddle. Yeah, that's what I thought when I heard this little funny. Good time to leave I suppose.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I like snakes myself and have owned some truly huge ones but a copperhead is nothing to mess with, and it's not like you aimed for him. You couldn't do anything to avoid it. Sh%$ happens.
Shoulda got some pics though...
I keep a snake in my basement shop, better than a cat for controlling mice. One evening when I was working down there the kids asked if they could feed it. I told them yes, but just one small meat ball and water. While I was working they fed it. I looked over and the snake was going crazy, rolling and tossing like crazy. I ask the kids what the **** did to it. They admitted they put some of my gasoline in the meatball. Holy crap for about 5 minutes it convulsed and then just curled up in a coil and stopped.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
way before I knew about motorized bicycles, I was riding my mountain bike down the street and a small cat got spooked by me and ran straight between my front and back tire. I ran right over its middle section with my back tire. I got up and took off. I think it was ok, although probably soar for a while.