Greetings from San Diego.....

GoldenMotor.com

evil510

Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Hey gang. I have been lurking here for a little while now. I started my project around Halloween time last year. Just an hour here, an hour there when I have had spare time in between my real jobs. Anyway, now that it is becoming something that I can actually start to ride, I figure I would introduce myself. San Diego is such a beautiful city with great weather, I am sure there has got to be others that cruise around this fine city on a regular basis. Let's meet up, etc. There are still many details to work out on the bike, but, I will sort all of those out while I am breaking the motor in.

I won't bore you with long paragraphs detailing how or why I did things, rather a list to give you and idea of the time and effort I put into this project. I dubbed this project "incision", since the first thing people say when they see it is, man I sure hope you don't crash, you're gonna F yourself up with all of them spikes you got on there, lol.

*vintage schwinn frame
*H2 two stroke motor
*welded on brackets for modern V brakes
*welded in modern bottom bracket so I could utilize a SBP shift kit
*billet aluminum chain guards for the SBP kit
*custom bracket and cable noodle that bolts onto SBP mounting frame. Clutch cable lines up with arm.
*almost all bolts swapped out for stainless socket head hardware
*machined spike end caps for all bolts, valve stems, handlebar ends
*exhaust cut and bent to flow with frame
*front suspension fork
*internal tabs welded on fork to limit steering to 50 degrees in each direction
*steering lock to prevent steering
*handcuff style lock for rear
*hitch pin style lock for front wheel
*alarm
*custom 3000+ lumen quad P7 headlight system off of my road bike
*rubber and billet aluminum grips, billet paddle made for left side grip shifter
*custom phone/gps mount
*custom control boxes. Right side - kill toggle switch, starter pushbutton, ignition key. Left side - turn signals and horn
*12 volt 130db diaphragm horn
*most all visible cables run through frame
*custom air filter
*steel braid fuel line with mini glass filter
*diamond/wedge style mirrors (made 1.5" inch extenders as well)
*modified double kickstand (extended width of legs for even more stability)
*electric starter (took up most of my time with R&D. Took three prototypes to get it right)

Things that still need to be done...
*teardrop/coffin style tank, just shy of two gallons, with locking aviation style cap (75% done)
*charging system
*rear compartment to hold battery and tools, etc
*brake switch
*rear lighting and turn signals
*comfortable seating option
*mini fairings to cover front sides
*paint
*engraving emblems
*boost bottle? (hidden up under gas tank)
*make as quiet as possible (not worried about this until after broken in)
*maybe an airbox, if the intake is too loud
*centrifugal clutch? (I'll decide while breaking in the motor)

I know there are quite a few things that I forgot to mention but will touch base on those later. Anyway, great forum you all have going here. Hope to meet up with local cruisers sometime soon...

~ evil ~