Big @ss'n Tuning Fork?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I was cleaning up the shop this morning and moving a new Macargi bikes stock front fork that was replaced and bumped it against the bench and heard a strange noise...

I was baffled as to what it was for about 2 seconds until I felt the vibration in my hand from the front fork I was holding by the neck and put it by my ear.
Sure enough it was the front fork acting like a tuning fork.

I just spent the last 20 minutes giving it whaps on the padded carpet playing with it!
I don't know what 'key' it resonates at nor do I care, I am just having a bit of fun ;-}

Anyway, this info has no meaningful purpose other than to illustrate that no matter what you happen to be doing in life, at any moment you may find a source of amusement if you are paying attention and in my book any source of amusement, even fleeting ones, are life's little bonuses if look for them and they can change your whole day's outlook.

That little bonus amusement of a bike fork actually being a tuning fork while I cleaned the shop made my morning and it don't matter what comes my way the rest of the day, I am grinning ear to ear as the sun comes up today and it would take a lot to wipe this smile off today.

Just in case I have that fork standing up against my desk within easy reach.
(plunk) HUUuummmmm Ahahahaha, ya I am easily amused ;-}

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
My kinda observation.

Life is too short not to notice that kind of stuff.

You've amused me with your amusement.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
My kinda observation.
Life is too short not to notice that kind of stuff.
You've amused me with your amusement.
Hehehe ;-}
It's almost like an amusement park here just now...
I am double amused reading about your amusement with my amusement with this amusing fork I still have by the desk and just whacked on the carpet again while I type this, a few times actually and and I timed it, ~25 seconds with a semi-hard whack on padded carpet, I'd bet I could get a full minute if I whacked it harder against something harder but hey, it's a new fork so there is no sense in trashing it, I am plenty amused enough with it now ;-}

I'm glad I could share a silly smile with a couple of you guys and Joe is right about observation.
The thing is, it's not something you have to consciously think about all the time, you just have to notice whatever it is when it happens.

The downside of that observation skill however is seeing/hearing/feeling something you wish you hadn't.

Do I have an example of that?
Is it recent and does it fit this 'Big Ass'n Tuning Fork' topic and still funny?
Judge for yourself...

Ummm, on second thought I think I'll let those images of the poster gal for middle aged Latino obesity in a frigg'n 70's style miniskirt and halter top pedaling a kids BMX bike up the little hill by my house go away.

Ahhh... must... act....
TOO LATE! I already thought of the Circus fat lady in a tu-tu riding the clowns tiny bike up a 'tight wire' hill from the behind view.

(smack) Hummmmm....

Much better. Now where were we again? hehehehehe Sweet dreams ;-}

(smack) Hummmmm....

(smack) Hummmmm....

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
lol, that right there is why i can never get any cleaning done! too many things that distract me and grab my attention.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I got out all my loose forks and started whacking them on the wooden work bench....the best one was the Ashtabula fork from the old schwinn, the walmart fork (tubular modern type) the worst.

Art imitating life?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
lol, that right there is why i can never get any cleaning done! too many things that distract me and grab my attention.
I can so relate to getting distracted when cleaning.
I got out all my loose forks and started whacking them on the wooden work bench....
Hahaha! Now you can put a coin slot on your bench and make a "Whack-A-Fork' arcade game ;-}

Enjoy your holiday weekend and smile, amusement is everywhere ;-}

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Great thread KC. Really enjoying it.

Gotta entertain and get the inner child playing. Other wise, turn into a grumpy old person.