Concepts and Ideas

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
What you see ---is an idea that's all. "26 in front 2 driven "16s in the rear. I need to make these wheels suspended independently from each other and powered each by its own pocket rocket motor (33CC I think).
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Yeah, it is. I picked up a bunch of broken incomplete bikes. most were full sus bikes. Lotsa knuckles and bushings and pivot points to work with. Done nothing with it beyond what you see. Still thinking about the dual suspension in the back.
I'll post next step when I get there..flg.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
it looks like you could friction drive the last wheel. I can;t work out how you could power the middle wheel.

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
How 'bout an electric set-up and drive the front wheel instead. Seems like dual engines on dual wheels suspended independently would be overly complex and heavy. Just an idea.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
if your considering electric I dont think that dual rear hub motors would be all that complex , an if wired correctly ( note I am not all that familiar with these) you could have esentially 2 wheel drive or independant single wheel on the same throttle .
Gary

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
WOW , second Idea.... friction drive the rear an electric hub on the mid there would be no hill you could not climb .

darkness

Mar 29, 2012
Oregon
Its not going to be impossible to control both engines for both drive wheels simultaneously,
but its going to be difficult to say the least,
At this point, i would say just make a trike.
I just see problems arising with separate engines.