6 Volt LED headlamp w/ small 6 volt motorcycle battery

GoldenMotor.com

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
So, just to confirm: I tried doing the test with the diode to see if my bike is negative or positive ground. With the striped side of the diode connecting to the white wire, and the other side going to ground, my engine shuts down. Does this mean that I have a positive ground or a negative ground?

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
So, just to confirm: I tried doing the test with the diode to see if my bike is negative or positive ground. With the striped side of the diode connecting to the white wire, and the other side going to ground, my engine shuts down. Does this mean that I have a positive ground or a negative ground?
Reverse the direction of the diode and test it again. The engine should keep running. If that test is successful, you can hook the striped end of the diode to the positive(+) battery terminal. The negative(-) battery terminal should then be grounded.

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Scotchmo,

I saw on another thread that you were using 2 AA Lithium Lifepo4 batteries now with LEDs that draw under 3 watts. Can you give an update on what LEDs you are using, and any other changes to your rig?

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
Scotchmo,

I saw on another thread that you were using 2 AA Lithium Lifepo4 batteries now with LEDs that draw under 3 watts. Can you give an update on what LEDs you are using, and any other changes to your rig?
Super Bright LEDs ? LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories

I have been using the following for the past year:
Tail/brake light: 1157-W19-6V LED bulb - 6 Volt
Turn signals: 1156-A19-6V LED bulb - 6 Volt
Headlight: BA15S-WLX1 White LED bulb

The turn signal bulbs are overkill for a bike so I will be switching to some turn signals that can use lower power bulbs: maybe WLED-A-6V 1-LED bulb

The headlight could be brighter but works OK for night driving below 20mph.