Looking for help IDing a bike.

GoldenMotor.com

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
There are two bikes I am looking at for a build. One is a Worksman and the other is pictured below. I can't find anything online regarding this bike.

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on the Worksman as the asking price is $150 but it has 24" tires and replacing those brings the cost up.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The chain guard could be from something else. The frame looks a lot like a worksman and even the way the chain guard is mounted with that welded tab it looks like the way worksman does it. Seat even looks like it could be an old worksman. Is there a head badge? Serial numbers? What are the wheels? I bought a worksman last summer with no seat, no chain guard and mickey mouse wheels... so sometimes they get cannibalized along the way. I agree that it looks good. A 24" worksman might not give much room for a motor as it is tight even on the 26" frame, so that's another consideration. Good luck.
SB

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
No badge and no serial number. I think the number was painted over. The wheels and rims have no ID. I forgot to mention this but the straight top tube is actually two tubes.

Its a cool looking bike regardless of the manufacturer. I do have to say I am inclined to just order a Worksman though since those sexy aluminum tanks have become available,

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well, then it isn't a worksman for sure. Depending on what you have in mind and can afford it a new worksman would be way cool and you could order it with the front drum brake. Those tanks sportscarpat makes are stainless steel, no less. The used worksman would also be a viable option since you could order the tank by itself. Depends on what you want and can afford. The frame in the picture is nice, but figure n heavy duty wheels, front brake, etc. and the inframe tank one of a kind.. it all adds up no matter how you go. Buying new is something I know little about but would like to have the experience someday...
SB

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Thanks for the help!

I might pick this up and put it in my pocket for a future build.

I can afford the Worksman new (as long as my wife isn't looking). I got out of vintage motorcycles so the relative low cost of motorized bicycles has me doing the proverbial "kid in the candy store" act. The secret to having spending money is not to have kids. That way you can keep all the toys for yourself.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There are two bikes I am looking at for a build. One is a Worksman and the other is pictured below. I can't find anything online regarding this bike.

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on the Worksman as the asking price is $150 but it has 24" tires and replacing those brings the cost up.
Did you put a motor on that Emory bicycle? How did it turn out?
Thanks