Hello from central florida

GoldenMotor.com

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
So I have been working on my bike project for about 6 months now. The bike is coming along great, just wish I could post some before and after pics. I have enjoyed reading everyone threads. The guys on here have helped me out a lot, thanks to all. I'm taking my time with this one, it's my first and I want it right. When I got the idea to try this on a bike I started looking for a older steel frame. After about 3 weeks of looking I came across a older gentaleman that had this older rusted out bike. I asked him how much he would take for it, he said "$10", I said "sold", lol. I can't wait to take it back by and show him the work i put into the bike. It's a mid '70s Sears and Roebuck single speed.dnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us. That old Sears sounds like a great project and a sturdy foundation for a motorized bicycle. Send us some before and after pictures. Good luck and we're all here to help in any way we can.
By the way, are you in or near Ocala?
Tom

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
So how do I post some pics on here, any clues?? I looked at edit profile, attatchments, and so on. As you can see my profile pic didn't come out to good. I don't have any pics that darn small, lol

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If ya don't wanna mess with programs like Photoshop or w/e - one of the easiest solutions is to use an external host such as Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket which has quite a few "edit" features like cropping, resizing, etc and provides the tags as a quick link for your convenience.

For uppin' full size pics and not swampin' peoples bandwidth - click the "go advanced" button under the message box, scroll almost alla way down and you'll see a "manage attachments" button. Click it and it'll offer you the choice of uppin' pics from yer puter and/or from an external host like 'bucket.

Welcome to the forum pwrobleski, good ta have ya here and we're lookin' forward to those pics ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hey that's gonna be a sweet build and rugged fosho - I've not seen a single speed quite like that motorized before :D

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
Hey that's gonna be a sweet build and rugged fosho - I've not seen a single speed quite like that motorized before :D
Thanks :) The only thing on it thats original will be the frame of course, forks, and the chain gaurd. The rims I gutted them, then they were powder coated gloss blk. The front I rebuilt with ss 14ga spokes blk, and the rear was rebuilt with 12 ga. I replaced the front hub with one with better bearings and the rear with a '70's that took 12ga spokes. So far I spent 17 hrs in a body shop, thank you Ron @ AutoSport in FL. 5 hrs alone in just sandblasting, but every minute was worth it. I'm only waiting on 2 things..... 1-my sprocket adapter and sprocket, and 2- my motor mount.... **** man I give 2 thumbs up to guy that do body work for a living. The detail I put into one little bicycle, if I had to do a car i would never be finished, lol. .flg.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Gotta love sandblasters w/o a doubt :D

Lookin' sharp - but if you think a motorized bike is ever done with alla details... you've a pleasant surprise comin' lol The only reason my bike is "finished" is cause I haven't the time right now to take it all back apart.

laff

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
Gotta love sandblasters w/o a doubt :D

Lookin' sharp - but if you think a motorized bike is ever done with alla details... you've a pleasant surprise comin' lol The only reason my bike is "finished" is cause I haven't the time right now to take it all back apart.

laff
LOL, I believe ur totally right with quote. Once I get it all together i know I will see something I want to change. Or down the road add this or hmmm this will look better. Something will pop into my head for sure, lol. But to me it's all FUN, it's like being a kid and putting a model car together. But just one difference, I get to ride this when I'm done. I bought my motor kit back in March and my bike back in June. So it's been a slow process, just taking my time. My first and formost thought in my mind is SAFETY. If I don't think it will be safe at 30-35 I will trash it and start over, lol. I wanted a all steel frame and the newer ones is that "high tensile steel". I went with the older steel- mid '70s because of the strength factor. But I'm having fun with the project so when I'm done I will probably want to build another one.....

.flg.

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
ad infinitum (^)

Yeah, I really can't decide to take this 'un apart or start a new one... mebbe both :p
If there is something your not happy with now, you will always see it when you look at it. And say, "man I should have changed that," lol... I've done this man, it will eat at ya. But if you have the time and space I'd start both.

.flg.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hey thanks so much for info everyone, here's my first pic

That bike will provide a solid foundation and if anyway possible add some fatter tires..../this may not be applicable but you'll find the ride so much smoother.....and BTW I'm up in G'ville so howdy neighbor

Laters,
Salty.shft.

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
That bike will provide a solid foundation and if anyway possible add some fatter tires..../this may not be applicable but you'll find the ride so much smoother.....and BTW I'm up in G'ville so howdy neighbor

Laters,
Salty.shft.
hey thanks Salty, I'm not sure if wider tire are possible with the frame and fork are so narrow. Plus the guys at the bike shop agree with me on less resitance means more speed, LOL.....

.flg. Mount Dora

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
hey thanks Salty, I'm not sure if wider tire are possible with the frame and fork are so narrow. Plus the guys at the bike shop agree with me on less resitance means more speed, LOL.....

.flg. Mount Dora
OMG !....I was born in Mt.Dora !....geez !....( a long time ago though :D )....and trust the guys at the bike shop ....thinner is faster but it'll be like riding on railroad beds.... LOL !....Keep us posted on the build as we all are anxious to see net result.....

Laters,
Salty.shft.