Regular beach cruiser chain jackshaft/sprockets?

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Hello, Im making my own frame with a 79cc predator engine from harbor freight. My frame is going to be a bobber/chopper fat bike look so the engine is only about 5 inches off the ground-therefore, the engine is in the way of my pedal chain. I need to route my pedal chain over or under the engine as its in the way-most likely routing over the engine. (i need to keep it legal as possible) . I want to do this by jackshafts-one under the seat area and one under the tank area which the latter will proceed to the crank sprocket. The sprockets will be close to eachother centered underneith the bar to the neck. Does anyone know where I can purchase jackshafts for regular bike chain? I seen pics of people who had jackshafts going to their front crank sprockets so I think they exist. The pics are on this forum somewhere. i was going to use 3 piece crank bottom brackets and chop crank arms and attach small bmx freestyle 23 tooth sprockets and things but it will be a job and an expensive one. Anyways, This is my first post on this forum and I hope I find these sprockets etc. All feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: