My build. Frankenstein.

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
sorry I know nothing of these, Only really know China Girls.
But I know that having a Variator will make a big difference to the usability of the motor.
A bit like having an automatic transmission, compared to single gear ratio, So better acceleration and possibly lower cruising revs.

Geoinvt

Apr 14, 2014
Vermont
I've got a 1969 Rokon Trailbreaker 2-wheel drive off road motorcycle. These came with Chrysler (West Bend) 820
(134cc) engines. These were produced for many years and used in all kinds of applications; chainsaws, minibikes, marine engines, Rokons, generators, etc, etc. They're beautiful engines. Stock they produced up to about 9 HP but, customized they could produce up to about 25 HP. They came equipped with a diaphragm carb that could run in all orientations. I could even be submerged.

While the Chrysler 820 engine looks a lot like the Chinese 80s, and is about the same size, the 820 differs in that its not a piece of crap. These were nicely made 2-cycles. They were very prized as gocart race engines.

You can still find used 820's out there but, there are also a couple of domestic companies making newer versions.

If you're looking for a nice 2-cycle this is my suggestion. Best of luck.

Geoinvt

http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69455&stc=1&d=1397596229

Attachments

Geoinvt

Apr 14, 2014
Vermont
Probably a good choice. Certainly the least expensive option. Also very easy to work on, and parts are cheap.
Geo in vt

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Fatandre,

I went through the engine debate a while ago. I ultimately decided upon a Honda XR80 engine because it is OHC and easy to find in the US. These hit 10,000rpm in stock form and produce more than 5hp.

Also they are 42lbs with a 5 speed gearbox and real basket clutch. Total width is less than a HS50 with 4G transmission.

If you are still interested in a 2-stroke, definitely consider the AX100 engine. If you can source one, it comes with a real gearbox as well.

Finally the CG125 is a nice, reliable option with electric start.

Good luck!