Hurricane Sandy

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Hurricane Sandy is here to kick butt all over the east coast.
Let's hope we don't all float away.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Good luck to all you guys like me out there hoping it doesn't have us without electricity for very long.

Hang on to your hats, we're going for a ride fellas.
TiM

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tim,
Stock up on Vienna Sausages. It's what my Mom always did when we lived in Miami and a storm was approaching. :)

Be well, and keep us informed how things go as long as you have power.

Tom

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
The stores were all out of bread miilk and eggs. I'll never understand why storms make people crave french toast.

It's been rainy and windy all day today. My office is closed, and I just saw a couple fire trucks head down the street. I'm counting on power to go out within a few hours.

I'd better go cook some food now while I still can.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Yep, it's rollin' in here too. Most all businesses are closing up and everyone has been ordered off the roads by 2pm. From what I have heard it's possibly going to be worse than previously expected. Good luck to everyone!
Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Electricity just went out for the 3rd time today here in CT. Is not even bad yet so am a little surprised.

Carol is talking to the cat. Her mother is trying to make coffee. As she has every time the power went out today. (we have stopped trying to talk her out of it) I am bravely hiding from them all up stairs.

They get all sorts of chatty and wanna talk during these times.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Spam is pretty good when thin sliced and fried in a skillet on the Coleman camp stove. Godpeed.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I have found spam is even better when sliced up and skimmed as far as humanly possible.

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
Sandy is bearing down now in Dillsburg, Pa!!! Super high winds and torrential rain. Lost power and am on Generator right now. Glad I wired the new house for emergency power.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
A tall ship was reported Missing.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=163863106

a swell at sea is measured half way up so is 36 feet from bottom to crest.
The ship has sunk. All but two were rescued by the US Coast Guard.

That ship was the 'HMS Bounty'. It was a reconstruction on an 18th century Royal Navy merchant ship. The vessel was built for the filming of the movie 'Mutiny on the Bounty', which was based on the true story. This certainly adds to the lore of the ship's history.