How much is too much ?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL! wait. This was my greatest managerial "trick" in the Merchant Marine. Ask the laziest guy how to do it then ask the hardest working guy to actually do it.

The lazy guy would come up with the short cuts but the honorable guy would only do those that still ended with a success.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
LOL! wait. This was my greatest managerial "trick" in the Merchant Marine. Ask the laziest guy how to do it then ask the hardest working guy to actually do it.

The lazy guy would come up with the short cuts but the honorable guy would only do those that still ended with a success.
Yes, but wouldn't a wheelbarrow be easier to move bricks with than a bicycle?
Okay, say he doesn't have a wheelbarrow. I've loaded a bunch of bricks onto a ratty old blanket and dug in my heels and dragged 'em where I needed 'em.
I gotta say though: this bricks-on-bike guy would make a good Tetris or Jenga player.

Artificer161

Sep 17, 2012
South Eastern Michigan
Reminds me of something I read years ago about the Vietnam war. The north Vietnamese used to move war material down the ho che min trail with bicycles. The weight estimates that one person on a bicycle could move was between 300 to 500 lbs. This depended on the construction of the bike and the way it was strapped on. Impressive when you think about it.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'll have to get a picture of the drying rack by the kitchen sink in the future when it is full up..... my dad would make a tower rather than towel dry.... I have always done the same. Some thought has to go into packing and I do like the guy with the bricks. It seems the back tire compressed a bit:)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The thing is.....you can normally carry 40 bricks in a standard size contractors wheelbarrow, he's got more than 70 bricks on the bike. Check his tires.....he's not going far, I see a pinch flat in the first 10 feet laff

dnut

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'll have to get a picture of the drying rack by the kitchen sink in the future when it is full up..... my dad would make a tower rather than towel dry.... I have always done the same. Some thought has to go into packing and I do like the guy with the bricks. It seems the back tire compressed a bit:)
So I broke down and decide to not let the stuff in the sink take over!

Now the leaning tower of drying rack!

The Ginger sprouting does not stink yet..... I get it to a planter soon.

MT

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Reminds me of something I read years ago about the Vietnam war. The north Vietnamese used to move war material down the ho che min trail with bicycles. The weight estimates that one person on a bicycle could move was between 300 to 500 lbs. This depended on the construction of the bike and the way it was strapped on. Impressive when you think about it.
I have a Power-Point presentation titled "Who needs a truck", that has a lot of photos of small lightweight motorbikes in present day Vietnam and how they are used to haul everything from pigs in crates to 20' sections of PVC pipe. There's one, my favorite of a family of six, all piled onto one little, probably 50cc bike.

I'm not computer literate enough to know how to put that up here, I've tried in the past, but I'll work on it.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I see that some "stud" built a bike outta 2x4s so he could "lumber" down the street. (Tell me you "saw" those puns coming.) :)
I wood not say that, it might stain my reputation and I'd have to varnish the comment over hehehe, good ones;-}

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
AW, you've kindled something terrible here, it's plane to see. Things do not auger well for the future if we do not seal the matter now, and I speak from a seasoned perspective.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I suppose I better knot go out on a limb and stick another wooden pun on here, or somebody could have me walk the plank. I think it's time to branch out.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Somebody has to stem the tide; although I blame you as the root of the trouble. Be careful the moderators don't twig what's going on here and bark their displeasure at you, you silly sap.