Kohler Dyno Deuce

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
so why did you decide to use that engine?
what type of driving do you plan on using this bike for?
I decided to use this motor: it's kinda vintage, it's cool looking, it's 4hp, it was free, it's bullet proof, and it runs. Good reasons....I think so.

Looks like I might have to cut into this frame to make it fit. No big deal...

It will have my own drive system design on this one.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Excellent, cannot wait to see where this goes!

There is a good chance we will be moving to SoCal within the next year, I cannot wait to get back! Apparently Dynos flow like cheap wine out there! Here, the only one I have found under $300 was the 24" Dyno-Glide that I picked up and then sold since it was way too tight for me...

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Excellent motor choice, my man. I really dig the older-not-used-a-lot motors. I know the Honda GC160 and GX200's and the 212cc predator motors are all very reliable and powerful, but I just don't like the look of an overhead cam shield on top of the head.

One of my favorite engines I've seen on this site is the home-made engine buddfab constructed with a vw cylinder and head along with a fabricated crankcase. I dream of building an engine like this that really looks old fashioned.

That Kohler has a nice look to it. Are you going to keep the rope pull and shroud? Really looking forward to seeing the progress on this build.

Keep using non-standard engines people!

Gilbert