Westfield Canival ? ID ? MA Noob

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I sent the pictures off to a expert and will letyou know what he says............Curt

PS i just know this guy that is into recycling bikes for a living and knows them realy well

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011
thanks
i have had no luck not from a lack of *search*
any questions or pics needed feel free to ask

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Hi Curt, Well, it is for sure a Columbia / Westfield Bicycle. I'd say 50's vintage

This is the answer I got hope it helps. So now whatare you going to do with it?.......Curt

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011
thanks i never heard of a model named Carnival..
i plan on putting a 2 stroke 48cc. the cops/dot cant say squat..unless i go around like a looney..
worksman SS 11 guage wheels.. layback seat post/gas tank..and still clueless on forks/handlebars
putting original forks fenders and seat aside in case..
dave

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice clean bike to work with. It has classic lines for sure... cool seat. You might as well go with the bigger China girl if you haven't purchased it yet. Once it's out of the box it is hard to tell whether it is the 50 or the '80'. There is a noticeable difference in power. Welcome to the forum.
SB

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011
thanks for the helpful replies
1950s :confused: bike would look good with a Monarks fork and drum brake..i am thinking one of the modified ones SS 11 guage Worksman front & rear..
thanks for being supportive guys ill never be done, once i get started!

heres my squint and dream mock-up..cleaning the seat up thanks sb for the compliment
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/922/seatmockassmbly.jpg
dave

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Dave welcome to the forum. Good to see another Mass guy here , there are a bunch of us. I agree with Silverbear go for the 66 there are no markings on the engine and as long as you dont act crazy the only reason you will get pulled over is to be asked questions. Its easy to get legal in Ma with a moped tag. Then you can scoot about with no worries. I think a set of Monark repop forks would look sweet on that bike, check My signature 1950 Panther to see what they look like, but you have to get the right ones there are some out there that can fail. If you got any questions post them on the forum everyone is pretty helpful here.

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Since your a local you should take a ride to Pirate Cycles. They have some grate engines at the moment. Also thay have a tun of parts in the store that don't make it onto their website. It's worth the ride just to drool over the Sportsman flyer.

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011
I have been eyeballing pirate cycles beacause of location..
long way to go before engine..want it pedal powered first!
Financial delay; taxes,car repair and other money distractions for now.

Good news- no jury duty for me (0-2)
So impatient!

Dave420

Apr 22, 2011
still alive add a 1954 columbia w springer to the mess

thanks for all your help info suggestions
what else could a guy ask for
one project finished maybe one of my "dreams" finished
fwiw 61 is getting 24s not a 79cc