slant head

GoldenMotor.com

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
i just ordered a 80cc slant head from zoombicycles. i was reading about it on here and i want to try it for myself.
my question is i have read that people have used multiple gaskets for clearance issues if they have them. to me that makes me think this would defeat the purpose of the head.
it is suppose to bump the compression up a little but if i use extra gaskets wouldnt that lower the compression and put it right back where it was from the start and all i would have is a angled plug?
i read someone used 2 head gaskets or reccomended that. strange right?
any tips on this install would be greatly appreciated...thanks dnut

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You are right, running two head gaskets on your motorized bicycle engine will defeat the purpose of buying a "high compression" head.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My slant head motor kit came dun with two gaskets . I left it that way it did not ping. I had a previous motor I ordered the head for dun with one gasket it pinged . The amount of gained compression from the said slant head is quit a lot! My first engine got a internal vacuum leak [ the casing].

Pitchfork311

Apr 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I have a slant head, I have a big clearence problem with just one gasket, and even with 2 gaskets I think it still hits the slant head because it seems to lock up the bike and I cant get it started at all. Have not tried 3 yet. Just went back to stock head.

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I bought the motor with the slant head on it already it only has one gasket.to many gaskets will kill your comp. or you'll get leaks between them.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I just discovered oil all ova my new slant head motor, the plug threads in the head are all striped?? 2 months old! now im using my old head, no more slant head motor bugga!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Has anyone had this happen on there 48cc slant head, My supplier Zbox. said he had another do the same last month. Also that the straight angle head lookes to have more meat around the threads (his words) and recomended the stocka
So im wondering if there are other batches out there or other manufacture casts that are made better?

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
did the stripped threads happen after you changed the plug once or twice? have you tried retapping it or a heli coil?anywho i will gove mine a go when it gets here.

eisle89

Jun 16, 2008
El Paso, Texas
One motor that I have only needed the thick head gasket for piston clearance. The other motor
I had to use 2 cylinder base gaskets with a thick head gasket. Each motor is different and should be
measured. Make sure during your porting ( if you do it ) not to raise the exhaust port if you need to raise the cylinder with gaskets for piston clearance. You will need to take the intake port down quite a bit further than usual. Once fitted ... they fly.

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
well i put the head on my raw motor i used a new slightly thicker head gasket it does not seem to be making any contact i will test it later tonight.