suggestions please

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have the controller and throttle on the new electric bike. So now I need a color scheme for it. This is the reincarnation of the clown bike. I would like for it to appeal to people who are retired and wanting to ride a little for exercise. The electric motor would be more of less to help with the hill and to get them home when they are finished.

So what colors or pattern of colors would appeal to them. At the moment I'm thinking something bright and cheerful.

Maybe the colors of a wasp and call it the stinger. Bright yellow body, with black handle bars and front fork. Maybe a little of the frame black as well. That might be too much though.

Or maybe watermelon colors. Green and pink with black dots lol

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Ah there are pictures everywhere of it lol. I have been messin with it for months but here is another one.

or

this is the current look more or less the white wire is now black and there is a wad of wire all that had to be worked out as well.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How about as a selling point, tell them you'll paint it any color they want?

School colors?
Favorite sport team colors?
Any color they want as long as it's black?

haolehonu

May 12, 2008
I really have to ask what the deal is with the small back wheel and bmx handlebars? While certainly unique, i always thought classic car and motorcycle design suggests the big wheel in the back. Have you tried some apes or even beach bars? Im sorry for my inability to address your question, I just feel like that back wheel is dominating the design of the bike. I'm new to the forum and am legitimately curious about the design, I'm assuming there is a reason other than aesthetics. I like the butterscotch blonde idea better than any of the other colors. maybe a vintage guitar theme would be cool.

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have an active brain tumor and very bad balance. If I stand on one foot I will most likely fall on my butt. The Twenty inch wheel does a lot of things for me. first of all it makes mounting and dismounting the bike much safer. I have had them turn over and throw me into a wall with tall hikes.

It allows me to also put both feet firmly on the ground when I stop at a stop sign. I recently put a 26" wheel on my gasoline bike and it was so off balance for me I switched out the front wheel for a 24" to get the bike down. I have the short crank set from the 20" bike as well since my legs don't go up and down like most people's. I have what is called foot drag not a very scientific term but the neurologist uses it so it must be okay for me to use.

I use the small chain ring as well since it makes pedaling easier on my diseased heart. The handles bars are to keep my arms closer in to the bike and prevent me from banging my knees on the cruiser bars. They come on most of the donar 20" bikes and are easier to come by. I also am disabled and don't have a lot of money to spend on bikes, so I build them from junk.

My bikes should be good for old people who cant swing their legs over big tall bikes. Give them a chance to get out for some exercise and still get home after. That is the purpose of this bike.

I do hope that is a good enough explanation as its the only one i have.

Oh yeah one more thing, I like them and the people around my town Including kids all stop me to ask about them. They seem to like them okay.

Last edited:

haolehonu

May 12, 2008
That explanation is more than full. I didn't mean to offend, I was simply curious about the design. I'v been in art school and have been conditioned to ask why about everything. Personal preference rules all!