slick tires???

GoldenMotor.com

slick tires??on my motorize beach cruiser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
It looks like the tires you have on there are pretty low rolling resistance. They look really good too. I'd stick with the white walls. What kind of benefit are you looking for? Dirt traction, road traction, smooth ride , rolling efficiency, style?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Slicks scare the bujeebers out of me , had to many machines slip out from under me! Theres always that perfect mess of loose gravel ,pavement, etc. Be carefull!

kermit05

Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Slicks are perfect if your only doing street riding, Those tires would be perfect for highway riding or street riding, But if it were to rain Or a little gravel slipped under your tire. You'd go down very fast. I'd stick to the regular beach cruiser tires. Because even though they don't have knobbies on them. There still somewhat good in the rain. slicks will definitly remove vibration and mak ea smoother ride. So it's Apples and Oranges. It all depends where your riding.
Good luck! If you do get those slicks. remember to slow down more in corners.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
They use slicks in GP motorcycle racing, drag racing, Indy, & F-1 because treads don't give traction... Rubber on the road is what gives traction!
Tread patterns are mainly to channel out the water from under the tire while rolling, & they don't help much if you hit a little gravel or sand.
If you run slicks? slow down if they get wet!!!
I actually like the tires that are close to looking like slicks, but still have a little tread on them.

dnut dnut dnut dnut

Last edited:

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
I use slicks on mine. Found out quick you really need to watch out for wet metal on the road. You will slide all over the place. I use fortey city street 26 tall 1.5 wide. Works good for me

runslikeapenguin

Feb 2, 2009
Seattle
slicks will actually have more rolling resistance than an aggressive street tire with minimal tread when they heat up, but in reality for the sake of stability this is not a bad thing.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I bought tires so slick and smooth most people say they are worn out.
they fit the no more flats tubes very well.
On the dirt or pea gravel watch out.
On clean dry pavement they work grea.