Boost Bottle?

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Boost bottles are to motorized bicycles like fuzzy dice are to your car.

*edit*: They may do something if you have a reed intake, but I still think they're mostly a decoration.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
But if you sell them under the banner of "High Performance" those that buy them will swear they work.
Me? I'd rather have fuzzy dice.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Send me just three easy payments of $99.95 and I'll tell you the secret to keeping up with interstate traffic.
I promise. THOUSANDS of customers CAN'T be wrong....

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
In all seriousness... We are ALL interested in more from our less! :)

I would like to see someone pay for a set of bona fide dyno runs on an established and recognized machine, and post their official determination on the boost bottle for all of us to see.

..and THIS, will NOT do...

http://jalopnik.com/5807502/how-to-build-your-own-dyno-for-just-2000/

Best
rc
That's not a bad idea, actually... With a bit of head scratching and beard stroking, I'm pretty sure a bicycle trainer might be converted to do the job....

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I like that Idea,
Would not be hard at all.
Accurate calibration would require a bit of thought, but for simple comparison testing,
A simple Generator/Alternator and variable electrical load should be easy?
A 100 Amp Alt can pull a good few HP out of a motor.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The biggest problem with a dyno is that we'd have to take the word of the person doing the testing when products were involved. That wouldn't be any more conclusive than a seller telling us how great his product is. A simple calibration change could make a boost bottle look like a charge of nitrous.

It would be handy for an engine tuner to test his own work when sales of a product isn't involved. Any other use and it's just more hype.

Tom

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Hook up a liter bottle of NOS, fill the tank with nitromethane, and wear kevlar boxers and find the biggest MX jump in town and get in touch with ET!!!!!!!!!!!!