Moped cylinder

GoldenMotor.com

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hi, I just want to start a thread to help us find moped cylinders to fit our Ht engines. I know this has been done before with foureasys hybrid china engine but I'm trying to find a cylinder that requires less modifications that can work with engines with a 38mm stroke including the 48cc.

66cc: 47x38 (some are 47x40)
48cc:40x38

All help is appreciated xct2

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
thx for the quick reply, emailed treatland.tv and they said puch and tomos kits should be best for this

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Anyone else got any ideas? There's also a page on mopedarmy.com that says the stud spacing on various cylinders

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You will need to match the stroke and port spacing as well as the bolt pattern. Transfers must line up and timing must be close.
I've been waiting for a decent, affordable cylinder for some time so I hope you have better luck than I have.
Too bad the Puch cylinder can't be used as easily as the head....

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Yes. Remember you could also try to use a grubee super rat for more possibilities. I'm going to be setting up a machine shop soon but if you want to get technical you could possibly use a grubee starfire case with the 6203 bearings and use a puch e50 crank and maybe a puch e50 top end or if you can't find a starfire case you could use 6003 bearings for the crank, the 6003 bearings have the id of 6203 bearings but the od of 6202 bearings. With the puch e50 crank you get a 43mm stroke and even a possibility of a true 80cc.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi, I just want to start a thread to help us find moped cylinders to fit our Ht engines. I know this has been done before with foureasys hybrid china engine but I'm trying to find a cylinder that requires less modifications that can work with engines with a 38mm stroke including the 48cc.

66cc: 47x38 (some are 47x40)
48cc:40x38

All help is appreciated xct2
I have been fooling around with these motors since early 2008 and
have been on the motorized bicycle forums since July 2008.

If there was an easy way to add a moped cylinder it would have
already been done.........don't let that discourage you so good luck. ;)

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Ya I agree but another problem is the 2mm thick piston rings. On a cheap chrome bore 1mm thick rings would allow for much less wear. Someone on this forum tried this with a moped piston but never worked because he used chrome plated rings that kept taking chrome off the cylinder so we need 1mm thick iron rings

48cc

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Also A lot of people want to put a sleeve in their cylinder but the cylinder is too thin to be bored out but something someone could try is to take a 66cc engine and sleeve that to a 40mm bore to make it into a 48cc. That way you have a lot of room to put in a sleeve. You may or may not have to balance the crank but it's possible