need info on muffler

GoldenMotor.com

shafertimothy

Nov 25, 2008
florida
:ride:I have a muffler that is one solid piece i cant take the baffle out. is there something i can do to get more power? can i run it without a muffler?

63tom

Mar 22, 2009
ROEBUCK S.C.
will removing the baffle hurt the engine?is the gain worth removing it?
can i lengthen the pipe assembly without hurting performance?

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
I Took The Baffling Out Of Mine... It Made It A Little Louder But It Helped The Performance.That Was 2000 Miles Ago. I Have A Stock Pipe, Not One Of Those With A Cat. In It.i Do Have A Cat. Muffler From Boygofast And That One Would Be Tough To Get The Baffling Out As It Is All Welded In There.that One Was Quiet But It Dogged My Motor. Yes You Can Add Length If You'd Like. You Could Get A Tuned Pipe . I'm Still Looking For One I Like, So If Anyone Has Any Ideas Where To Get One Let Me Know Please...
Hope This Helps...

Last edited:

63tom

Mar 22, 2009
ROEBUCK S.C.
thanks for the info...havent mounted mine yet,still working on .trkthe bike itself...but was thinkinking i would like to have the pipe down under the bike more....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
you have a muffle with the bolt at the bottom , try this I love it . It is as quite as a Honda generator with loads more power than stock. Lets the stock pipe begin to act like a expansion chamber. Been about a month now , and I don't have little old ladies diving for the other direction when I cross a parking lot now. Thats no lie all that noise was annoying folks.http://motorbicycling.com/f15/sbp-jack-shaft-rules-6862.html

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
I just took my baffler off today, and I must say the performance gain is phenomenal! I have a jackshaft kit and before I took off the baffler it didnt really utilize the gears good. But now IT HAULS A**. I can get up to 35mph in about 10 seconds, and the acceleration is LOVELY. The only thing is that it can get a bit loud. Really and truly I would recommend a Tuned pipe, or expansion chamber b/c you will be able to harness this effect, and still utilize back pressure at high RPM's. SICK BIKE PARTS RULE!!!

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I guess I'm getting old. I took my baffle out, started the bike and shut it off so fast. I thought the whole town may have heard it.
SBP is waiting on gaskets and will be selling cool looking expansion chambers soon.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Oh Really??? WOW! I cant wait. I really want to get an expansion Chamber... They really rock. I believe they play a big role in the motor bike community. I'm definatly looking foward to them releasing new products.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
I just took my baffler off today, and I must say the performance gain is phenomenal! I have a jackshaft kit and before I took off the baffler it didnt really utilize the gears good. But now IT HAULS A**. I can get up to 35mph in about 10 seconds, and the acceleration is LOVELY. The only thing is that it can get a bit loud. Really and truly I would recommend a Tuned pipe, or expansion chamber b/c you will be able to harness this effect, and still utilize back pressure at high RPM's. SICK BIKE PARTS RULE!!!
LoL, my UPS delivery gave me a heads up and told me about how loud my bike is. So definatly if you live in an area where cops will press you, I really wouldnt advise you to take out your baffle to make that much noise. And trust me IT MAKES ALOT OF NOISE!! It sounds really aggressive exspecially when you have gears on it.

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
I Dont Think Taking The Baffle Out Made Mine Louder. I Didn't Have One Of The Newer Cat Type Mufflers.if You Have One Those, Than Yea Its Louder.on The Older Mufflers All That Baffle Crap Comes Right Out. If You Wanna Hear Something Loud Take An Older Stock Muffler Get All That Baffle Garbage Out And Leave The End Cap Off. Whooooweeee

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I can't wait for SBP to get there expansion chambers in. But I will. Two have my name on them as long as they are chrome. Maybe I should order and pay for them now so I am the first on the list when they are back in stock!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i cut the stock pipe in two at the upper weld which got rid of the guts, there was a honeycomb mini cat in there. welded it back together then welded the cap back on, not really that loud but you get some of the ringy ding ding 2 stroke sound. nice boost in power.

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
SBP still says sold out!:-|| I cut up the chrome legs from an old bar stool for the bends in the header pipe and have some scrap exhaust tubing to make the chamber out of. An attempt will be made to make one to fit my Schwinn Jag.scratg Any wild guesses on what diameter the large part of the chamber should be or how long. I have a basic understanding of how it should be built but I am sure size matters much.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
hey i grew up in billings...garfield and west high...to answer your ?s...here is a large and a small...30 for the small and 60 for the large, with shipping...just got a daul exhaust(small) that i'm working on...they both make a lot of difference...those where your bikes in pionear (sp)park...nice...alot of bikes there...Dennis Hofferber

Attachments