what would you pay ?

GoldenMotor.com

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
what would you pay for built aluminum crank case hafes and clutch cover and mag cover all to getter ?

how about a crank made from harded tool steel ?

.wee.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Wot improvements r u planning on making 2 the cases. A means 2 properly align the countershaft, enlarge outlets 2 cylinder transfers (as they're smaller than), a means 2 positively locate the jug & improve crankcase compression ratio b nice. A "cheeked" crank with crankpin & rod big end sized 2 use a better & commonly vailable bearing would b nice 2. I think u'd get people interested so long as pricing wasnt out of control, I know I would. Cheers

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think you'd be better off if you built a whole engine!
Why would anyone want to pay big buck$ for nice cases & a crank just to have them possibly damaged from having to use them with stock China parts?

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
balance factor of cranks would b of importance 2. Thinking about it, positively locating cases 2 jug wouldnt b needed, as then u'd also have 2 supply the jug. It'd b good 2 c something like this happening, I wish u all the best with it. I'll keep an eye 4. Cheers

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
Wot improvements r u planning on making 2 the cases. A means 2 properly align the countershaft, enlarge outlets 2 cylinder transfers (as they're smaller than), a means 2 positively locate the jug & improve crankcase compression ratio b nice. A "cheeked" crank with crankpin & rod big end sized 2 use a better & commonly vailable bearing would b nice 2. I think u'd get people interested so long as pricing wasnt out of control, I know I would. Cheers
I was just going to scan them and hit print at a cost of just the blocks

to do all that and use conpany time the cost would be like 1000+$ to design and that would bump the first batch prices to 150$ witch would be twice what i was thinking.

If i could be guaranteed business i could put forward 2000-2500 to make a happy time engine with

built cases
dowals
properly align the countershaft
port machted
stuffed crank case
??mm stroker crank
good barrings
milled down clutch with a dirt bike fricton plate slot (just one fricton plate tho)

I would still need to do some thinking about the top end

im thinking a 82 cr80 top end might be good with the right mil stroker crank.

I think the cost would be around 650$ for a engine for the first batch then i would try for 500$ cash if i can

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Ok, I understand that. When investing time, effort & $$$'s u need to know its gunn sell. I think ur target pricing is very reasonable & u've got me interested in wot u intend producing. Just a tip,, these China girls have an odd sized big end bearing that isnt commonly available. maybe something could be done about without 2 much trouble I like the wy ur thinking. Good luck with it mate. Cheers

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would clean my hands of absolutely everything that is H.T. and buy a completely different motor all together... Puch, Yamaha , Honda, Lifan, etc.. There is tons of engines out there! They cost more and the ol adage ya get what you pay for.. My self in light of that for a motor that on a whim can go up to 50 K in mileage with out a hickey. These motors already exist. The H.T. China Girl is pretty much straight up, is an abominate abortion in comparison to what is already out there and been available for a long long time now.

There will always be HT. snake oil for sale in my Humble Opinion. What could be better than polishing a turd so to speak lol. There is so many folks that will have more money and time in band aids when the answer was simple all along to began with I think!

Spend a few more dollars and get a good engine to began with.. Now betting there is confusion lol. In my personal experience and opinion don't polish a H.T. china kit motor. Just get a proven motor with absolutely no concept of H.T. design or its parts of any kind in it or outside of it. This would be a different motor LOL.These engines already exist!!

So to do it mo bettahh gonna need all parts to not be of any H.T. china girl origin or their flawed design approach. To summarize things in my opinion. Another stock in appearance H.T. motor with bolts on's well???laff

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yes, my response would be negative, also.

I guess this would be your beginning of a market survey to test the water...

I would sooner go to a clone motor than spend money on a chinagirl.

Best
rc

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Kinda like the VW motor, (actually developed from 2 cylinder BMW motor) some love vw's but most called it turd, but the Japanese polished it into a Subaru motor, & have done the same with several other turds. Now I aint gunna start producing anything but if someone does I'll happily buy better cases, crank, or any otheritem I can put 2 use, in any aplication, & applaud them 4 trying, plus,,, its good 4 the economy. Cheers

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would not dare compare any of those motors to a H.T. China girl in my humble opinion.;)

There is always a fellow that needs to learn and fix or repair and learn and learn. Go the extra mile and adhere to a better engineering strategy from the ground up that does not even reflect the way the H.T. motor bolts into a bike. etc. I don't like any of there concepts my self. That's just me from my own observation's.

Somebody out there needs it to just be handed to them. The simpler and more universal you make it and it. It is a China Girl again!! Kinda makes me puck in my mouth a little. Ha Ha

Here is how it really works far as I see it.. Find a proven engine then make a bike frame around it. It will run for years and years and years. Start the whole darn thing over from the ground up. Or find a good steel frame in existence and fabricate good mounts.

We are already making a engine from scratch it would be a terrible thing to put it on a cheap Huffy Cranbrook. IMHO

But here is the butt of it. Save your money or pretend you did? band aids up grades repairs etc..Try to go 50 K miles on this said bike? This concept to me cannot be compared to a Volkswagon. Those things with up keep went way more miles than any H.T. will ever ever ever ever go! No matter how that comparison gets drawn up as I perceive it.

The whole thing is a vicious circle..

I love the unefficient rattling tuning fork hum of a after thought or even the stock exhaust pipe.. helping in 'harm'onious symphony for the engine and bike to fall/rattle apart..

This works great! ''in combination with their jug design concept lol''.

I do not like the H.T. clutch it cannot support command of anything above say 4 H.P.

I cannot say in my personal experience hands on that the way the H.T. motor bolts to a generic bike frame ever really truly impressed me. For a variety of reasons..While a well thought out set of custom billet mounts etc are achievable. They always look cute! Some frames fit better than others, yet how is the metallurgy on it? We are back to way too many potential design flaws from where my view point is..Shrug On bikes that normally would not have been ridding more than 50 miles in a life timelaff

We have folks that weigh in at mebbe 130 pounds wet that might beg to differ? The stock plain Ol hella cheap unmodded H.T. IS for them!!

Even then for a few bucks more a 4 stroke kit is a good upgrade and all the reports I have heard a very good! I think it is bad tho when folks go parading on about that two strokes are bad engines in light of a conversation around a very inferior H.T. and a old repeated complaint. Tons of awesome 2 strokes are out there! Too

Gonna put a better engine then go buy one and build the bike frame around it or use a known good frame. Or just buy the cheapest disposable cracker box H.T. you can find and nickle an dime it on a cheap bicycle this is a hobby for most :)

Me in personal hind sight, experience I like the whole package done right from the start. The dividends in money return comes out to be exponentially far better for a serious rider. I cannot think of anything more cynical than a collection of inferior parts lying around mocking me and a vicious circle role to play around it. :)

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
All of which, & regrdless of wot u or I think of VW's (I personly owned a1959 kombi safari, 1964 kombi & 1963 beetle I cut into baja bug for decades, among severlother cars until retiring from driving), or the fact that most do consider the motors 2 b turds,,, has wot to do with what would anyeone pay for a pair of aftermrket cases or crank? Cheers

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi Goatherder, we've spoken bout this b4. I int looking 4 Hi rpm performance i ride a bike now from age/disability & dont wanna pedal. I did bearings due 2 leaky cases out of the box & m glad I did. The only mod thats in the direction of higher rpm was ramping piston/ports & was done 4 less turbulent flow, that it changed port timing was unavoidable so ramping was minimal. Other mods r bolt ons, & sbp chamber hs longer than stock header length. If I could get up graded cases & crank that addressed some of the deficiencies, I would. I'm confident I'll get 10k, or close. With up graded cases & crank I'd throw a jug & slug on it & go gain. Without I reckon it'd b start gain. Cheers

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It really don't matter what engine I use. I mean I don't need to work on it tho. What I do is ride it! I need to ride it and for it to work. I am just plumb burnt on polishing H.T. motors after seen so many better options. I often go slower I just twist the throttle less when I do.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Yes, the cases leaked between the 2 halves due 2 gsket damage, so they obviously dont do a leak down test. Wot quality control. I siliconed up & rode for months, until had shift kit, chamber & mikuni, then tore down & put ll 2gether in 1 go. Cheers

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I already got over 10,000 miles H.T.saddle time. Between my friends and helping them rebuild their motors every 2000 miles and sooner about 20 K saddle time combined living vicariously through them.. Through this forum about 300 k lol. They can be enticing I know.laff

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
Hi Goatherder, we've spoken bout this b4. I int looking 4 Hi rpm performance i ride a bike now from age/disability & dont wanna pedal. I did bearings due 2 leaky cases out of the box & m glad I did. The only mod thats in the direction of higher rpm was ramping piston/ports & was done 4 less turbulent flow, that it changed port timing was unavoidable so ramping was minimal. Other mods r bolt ons, & sbp chamber hs longer than stock header length. If I could get up graded cases & crank that addressed some of the deficiencies, I would. I'm confident I'll get 10k, or close. With up graded cases & crank I'd throw a jug & slug on it & go gain. Without I reckon it'd b start gain. Cheers
I lose a few IQ points every time I read one of "ur" posts. Is it really so difficult to type properly?