Felt Pk80 Stroker

GoldenMotor.com

islandboundfor2

Apr 19, 2012
NC
Hello Guys,

I"m new here obviously! Let me start by saying THANKS to all that post here. You guys have saved me who knows how much heartache and cash! I feel obligated to share and pay homage to all those who have inspired me. A year ago I was surfing rather than sleeping and came across Venicemotoredbikes and was like OMG. I have a felt in the garage. Picked up years ago from local bike shop mechanic purely because I loved the lines. $250 SWEET! Anyway, should have probably gone back to sleep at that point, but no! I have a paypal account. what the ****! Found Justin at pirate and the Pk 80's were on the way!

Didn't take long to figure out what smoothing the ports on the cylinders and cosmilean on the rod bearing would do to my new Asian girlfriend. Must say she would haul butt with the rod bearing out. It was like having a sloppy stroker...

Well I just started tearing her down and would love to here what people have to offer.

Parts coming in daily like Xmas!
1 shaved head thanks Dave at arrow!
1 ported superrat cylinder thanks Dave!
1 stroked and balanced crank thanks Dave!

6202 ceramic bearings thanks Dad. "works in Nascar"

Looking for good crank seals? double lipped? way to retain small seal from blowing out? Better ignition. not really impressed with Jaguar but I'm open to opinions.

I did come up with a kick ass chain tensioner from a cantililever brake arm that i would love to share!

Derrick

Wilmington, nc

Attachments

islandboundfor2

Apr 19, 2012
NC
Thanks Scotto.

Any ideas on which size and model would best serve our 6202 replacements or should we ask them?

Also I really need some help on the crank seals. I have new oem's but hate to use them.

I did throw the cylinder and head on last night with a good piston and ring I have. Very shocked to see 42mph with a 44 tooth. looking forward to trying my 40t tonight. Any idea what that crank stroked and timed is going to perform like? Also I'm still running NT's with lots of jets. Having fun?

I don't know how much you racers want to give up but I am on the east coast with no races to attend. Only comp I have is up north! PC guys and they are way ahead of me:)

Feel free to PM me...

islandboundfor2

Apr 19, 2012
NC
Just ran 44.7mph. wondering if someone would give me any tips on good crank seals.
I'm ready to put stroked crank in my blown pk 80. Got my gaskets, ceramic bearing came today from a dad." I'm 41! dad just works in nascar! still have to pay for them:).

Ran the motor today with arrow cylinder and head with 40t sprocket. still haven't matched piston skirt to intake. waiting to put cylinder and head on stroked crank to do that. Still running NT carb with velocity stack. Definately trying to figure out whether to run mikuni or dellorto. Any help appreciated! 50mph and I'll put the crack pike down mom aka WIFE. Please don't take my paypal away yet! What do mean I said that about 40mph too? :-||

lazylightning

Nov 22, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Hi!

I just leave one of the bearing seals on the crankshaft bearings. Obviously the seal thats butt up against the inside of the thin oil seal. I also carefully added some high temp silicone liquid gasket into the inside of that seal(filling it) and a tad on top of that outer side of that bearing sela so they kind of become one - making the thin seal stronger. Just keep some thin seals with you in your tool kit just in case.
Wow! That stroker sounds interesting. I am considering making some webs from scratch, real stuffy and with a longer stroke of course. How many millimeters did they offset that crank for you? Did they make them from scratch?How long is your bore now?
I've been into this for a while and already trying to figure out how to make a heavy duty geared hub, like on the old timey motorcycles. I have really bad roads here and I go off road alot around vicious traffic jams. So I'm really involved in trying to find parts to make a new frame with a good rear suspension and huge clearance for 3 in tires, maybe even 29ers. I'd love to make an inframe tank like the one you have there! =-)

Paul

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just ran 44.7mph. wondering if someone would give me any tips on good crank seals.
I'm ready to put stroked crank in my blown pk 80. Got my gaskets, ceramic bearing came today from a dad." I'm 41! dad just works in nascar! still have to pay for them:).

Ran the motor today with arrow cylinder and head with 40t sprocket. still haven't matched piston skirt to intake. waiting to put cylinder and head on stroked crank to do that. Still running NT carb with velocity stack. Definately trying to figure out whether to run mikuni or dellorto. Any help appreciated! 50mph and I'll put the crack pike down mom aka WIFE. Please don't take my paypal away yet! What do mean I said that about 40mph too? :-||
And then BAM, toasted motor.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Swap the 40t for a 36t and the potential to hit 50mph will exponentially increase.
Im at ~45-46 on flats and just built a better cdi and kx80 expansion chamber, hopefully get me a tad bit closer to the magical 50....then probably...BOOM, toasted motor like biknut said.