Calling all Texans.

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Why not! I'm in Corpus Christi. Where the beer is cold, the food hot, & the roads jammed with idiots in pickup trucks! Were so laid back the Cops use the drive thru window @ Krispy Kreme! I wave at Cops and they wave back! For real! I can't leave for days there is no one I trust with my dog.
Great idea (c)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Sounds like fun but I live on the wrong end of Texas. Bryan is about a 9 hr. drive for me. Or 3 hrs. in the plane, but I can't get my bike in the plane. I need to make a fold up motorized bicycle that will in the back of my plane. I could really be traveller then. Well except for that 6 bux a gallon 100LL. My son does live over at Spring. I guess sometime when I go down to see him I could haul my bike in the van. I bet it'd be lots of fun.......................:ride:

greenevegiebeast

Jul 4, 2008
BRYAN COLLEGE STATION TX
Spring is still about 90 hiles from here. I was hoping we could plan more than one meet here in Texas. As big as we are to get every one involved we woul need more than one.

BTW could every one responding let us know what part of our great state you are in??:ride:

Dennis Obert

Aug 24, 2008
I am in San Antonio and plan to build my first bike soon. If their is an interest locally, I would like to start a small business with both electric and gas kits. So far I am hearing opposing answers on weather you can legally ride a gas powered bicycle in Texas. K me advised of your plans for a met.
Dennis Obert

Dennis Obert

Aug 24, 2008
What is most reiliable gas engine

Would like feedback on what is the most reiliable gas engine available.

Dennis Obert

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Ilikeabikea and I are in Pampa the cold as H3ll part of
Texas?! Burr. its only 90 out right now. I better get the old Snake to throw another log on the fire.
Pedal fast enough and you won't get cold.

greenevegiebeast

Jul 4, 2008
BRYAN COLLEGE STATION TX
Denis glad to have you Check out my "OVERKILL" You will see what kind ov a nut I am. . I would like to see if we could have multiple meets. One ove the places I was thinking is San antonio. An other was Houston, Waco, AustinAnd some place In east texas where we will not get linched or shot at. The other thing I was thiking was to see if I could get a group of us together to ride from here in BCS to the renasance festavle in Plantersville, camp go to the festavli, then ride back. I can provide one "Chase vehicle" and help orginize If any one is intrested. I will have the dates Soon.:ride2:^5

greenevegiebeast

Jul 4, 2008
BRYAN COLLEGE STATION TX
The ren fest starts Oct 11 and runs every weekend for about a mo. Thanks giving weekend is out I do have a famly after all.

BTW if we can get a group of more than 25 we can get a group discount on the tickets and maybe some other extras. :ride2:

General Disarray

Mar 15, 2008
I'm in Fort Worth and might be willing to haul my bike down somewhere. Anyone else in DFW I have a trailer I bought just for motored bikes, if you need a ride.

Dennis Obert

Aug 24, 2008
Re: Texas Registration

Apparently there is confusion in Texas about weather or not a gas powered bike must be registered. I just finished my first build and e-mailed the registration deparment in Bexar County. I asked if a pedal assisted 49cc gas engine installed on a bike would have to be registered.

Office of Sylvia S. Romo, Tax-Assessor, Abel Gaitan.
His answer: I checked with our auto department, it does not have to be registered. They said as long as you obey bicycle street laws you are fine.

I know people have checked with higher Bureaucrats in Texas about the legalities of gas powered bicycles. I have found over the years that people in positions ff power find it much safer to just say no. I am keeping a copy of the e-mail from the Bexar County and if I am stopped, I will show the officer. If I am cited, I believe the ticket would be thrown out in court.

Dennis Obert:bike2:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Hello from Dallas. I want to get a group going (10-20 people) for a 100mi ride around Greater Dallas via Grapevine Mills Mall or Richardson Bike mart and following Belt Line Road mostly. People have raced road bicycles around Belt Line Road (92miles).

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Why would you be "lynched or shot at" in East Texas? (Please PM to avoid controversial issues on bike board. Thanks).

I suggest following the 60mile route known as The Beauty and The Beast ending in Tyler TX. There is an official road bike race with quite a following. I'm sure a small group of MB's could tag along after the event is long gone or long underway, or even the day after.

Denis glad to have you Check out my "OVERKILL" You will see what kind ov a nut I am. . I would like to see if we could have multiple meets. One ove the places I was thinking is San antonio. An other was Houston, Waco, AustinAnd some place In east texas where we will not get linched or shot at. The other thing I was thiking was to see if I could get a group of us together to ride from here in BCS to the renasance festavle in Plantersville, camp go to the festavli, then ride back. I can provide one "Chase vehicle" and help orginize If any one is intrested. I will have the dates Soon.:ride2:^5

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Garland and Frisco I know both have ordinances against MB but I'd love to join in pretty sure these are legal in Dallas I know they are in Richardson. I'm lookin into how I could register my HT as a home made moped if I can then the ordinances are a mute issue.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm currently in Squareland, but my motorbike has been packed up in storage since the end of Jan. I'll spring the bike when we are permanently settled on the Snoozeton area.
The Astros could possibly win a game before my motorbike is out of storage.