The Sweetest Engine Cases

GoldenMotor.com

FlyGuy

Apr 1, 2011
Corry, PA
Yes it would be beautiful to have billet engine cases.

If you study the way things are cut in those cases you get a pretty good idea of what works. I began to think of endless possibilities with custom cases. Definatly addin this to my to do list.

FlyGuy

Apr 1, 2011
Corry, PA
Anyone have a configuration for bilet bicycle cases ?

I'd even settle for the Starfire Rat Cases.

But mmmmmmmm billet would be a dream.....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
What we really need is a better balanced Crank/Rod/Piston assembly and then the other mods we can do would actually mean something, all my engines vibrate way to much for me to be concerned with the case, that has never been an issue I've had or seen others have much trouble with, a much smoother running rotating assembly would create better power from these engines and make some of the other possible mods worth messing with IMO..

Just my .02 cents nothing more ........ nothing less!

Peace

FlyGuy

Apr 1, 2011
Corry, PA
I agree for sure.
But if you think about it....... having billet cases custom made would allow the use of better cranks bearings ect

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Bearings won't help a badly balanced motor, only money can do that. What is a fairly balanced setup in a 49cc motor becomes a vibrator with a heavier piston. Some have gone so far as to massively lighten the piston by drilling holes in the piston to lighten it but what needs to be done is weight removed by drilling the crank and/or drilling-and-filling with tungsten.

I've been talking to a few engine shop machinists but they don't understand I don't want to pay more for balancing than what a motor costs :p

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Bearings won't help a badly balanced motor, only money can do that. What is a fairly balanced setup in a 49cc motor becomes a vibrator with a heavier piston. Some have gone so far as to massively lighten the piston by drilling holes in the piston to lighten it but what needs to be done is weight removed by drilling the crank and/or drilling-and-filling with tungsten.

I've been talking to a few engine shop machinists but they don't understand I don't want to pay more for balancing than what a motor costs :p
i bet their trying to get you to pay for what they charge someone with an I4 crank shaft, rather than a single piston one.

FlyGuy

Apr 1, 2011
Corry, PA
What i was saying is if you machine custom cases then you can pick which perfectly Dynamically Balanced crankshaft made to turn 16000 rpm you want to use.

Most high performance crankshafts are around 100 to 150 bucks.
Available everywhere on the net.

Worth buying one before paying the same to get the chineese crank balanced.

Now machining a set of cases to fit the bicycle is gonna cost some dough.
But for me i'll only have to buy the material.

In the end the engine will cost as much as a morini. But i'm doing this for fun and enjoyment. Otherwise i would buy a morini.

And as far as the engine vibration......
I noticed with a restrictive exhaust like the stock one the engine vibrates a ton.
But after putting on a Expansion Chamber i noticed it was alot smoother.

Anyway it could still be much better, it still vibrates.