Micargi Puma GTS

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Micargi Puma GTS
I was looking to get me an Micargi Mustang GTS . But look’s like the Puma is getting to be another option too due to availability. But then again my fist build the - wal mart O.P. roller is an world away from an stretch. I was looking at the impressive - what looks like an bolt on Allen bolt bracket that creative engineering made here http://motorbicycling.com/f3/micargi-puma-gts-engine-mount-8589.html. I was thinking ,, could I use the rear motor mount that comes with most motors to attach to the down tube under the seat . And then weld an section of steel tubing or steel pipe for the front mount . My beautiful art work of idea and question …. Red = new pipe or tube No 1 …..Green is tube all the way up with the red idea …… and pink for total adition to frame to hold motor No 2. ....

Attachments

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I cut off the whole rear end of the bike and fabbed up a new one the rear of the motor is 3 inches from the r tire
Hello flyby … thanks for the reply ,,,, sounds like you would have been just as well off getting steel or aluminum tubing and making your own stretch ... the only reason I see to get the kit or parts or frame is it is nice to have an rolling chassis to save time and have an way to move your bike around ... saves time for lower bracket and stuff too. So far it seems that creative engineering had the better idea of making an mount such as his bolt on and what looks like moveable mount in his pictures . Maybe he has an update and pictures of motor sprocket chain alignment and balance , and drop by if not busy ... ,,, as for myself ,, well let me just say ‘research’ ,,, I am not ready to jump out on this , just because I put an 2 stroke on an wally world ... and I will have two rides . In case of down time and bench work due to ... another beagle runing in front of me , and I slam on breaks so hard , my band to my coaster brake snaps letting my brake arm spin around and wedge between the sprocket and rear stay ,,, well at least .. I know that when this happens you have ( power brakes LOL ) ( lucky dog ) spring time draws near and an bike show is coming !

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
woe - that looks like an totally different bike ,,, you made it your own ,,,, The thing about welding tubes inside the frame is ,,, it looks like the motor mount came with the frame ,,,,, looks like you done some work on the dropouts too ... I may research for an while on these type of bikes ... been looking at an falcon too ... I am planning for spring so I will get an idea before the bike show ... the show that comes on the coast has an best moped slot ,,, I would ride this bike without worrying too much about riding on welds that could end up as snapped stays and other frame parts , left snapped jagged and sticking up .. looks way better than I imagined

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is super nice Taco! That is such a tight fit on the engine. Beautiful lines on the bike! I love it!