forced air induction?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not to discourage tinkerin' - but there is the problem that normal, bladed fans such as the ones used for PC cooling move air only if there's no obstruction - as in, they cannot provide any positive pressure. If you block the air flow with say a bit of paper (lay the lil fan face down) you'll note the blades "stall" (not stop, but no longer move air) and the fan won't "push" the paper or itself (no "hovering"). This is also true with "squirrel cage" fans, such as a hair dryer - this is a really easy test, simply put your hand over the outlet (reco "cool" setting ofc lol) and you'll see there's no pressurization at all :(

Superchargers are actually compressors and turbos use high-speed turbines, both of which provide positive pressure even with something blocking unfettered air flow... like the carb & combustion chamber.

Worth a shot jus' fer funz? Sure... but don't hold yer breath ;)

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
The "supercharger" of two strokes is the exhaust. Get the best expansion chamber you can and this, unarguably will give you the best increase in power. A piston port two stroke gets VERY LITTLE benefit from a super or turbocharger, this is because two strokes lack a valve system that allows them to hold pressure, so when your piston is down and mixture is being shot into the combustion chamber, the only thing higher pressure will do is force even more unburned gasoline mix into your exhaust. It's a nice thought, but pressurized air intakes i.e. supers and turbos are best left for the 4 strokes
Peace
-LS

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
You can go nitrous kit, (which I honestly wouldn't recommend unless you get a jug with a steel barrel), or you can get a diaphragm boost bottle. That's as close as you're going to get as far as additional induction.

lomitalifer

Apr 11, 2011
So.Cal.
Originaly i built one out of sheet metal and conduit one day when seriously bored outa my mind cause it was rainig.It curved up and into wher the small supports on my cruiser curved up and met the frame before the seat post.I then used some more sheet metal to semi cover the sides of the bike because it made a natural funnel the channel the air and catched alot of it to.It looked cool and was a good conversation piece with my friends but its just a plain old fact its true,,they just dont go faast enough for it to realy make to much of a difference in the end........However,i did come up with something pretty cool i think.Its made out of a 1 1/2 copper street 90 icut the cup off of ,used the pieces i cut off and brazed some supporting straps on both sides,well,i went a little to far after that youlle notice.I added inner pieces to keep any filter materials i used from being sucked into the carb or interfearing with the choke functioning,took another strip of copper and basically made a big perfectly flat washer then soldered it on the end so the carb and the fittings surfaces matched perfectly flush,made me a gasket out of a role i already had and made sure i had an air tight seal.Thats all good and well but heres the deal i used an old oil breather off my 383 stroker,opened up the bottom of it added a piece of aquarium filter sponge sprayed with K $ N lube inside of it and joined them together for this monster...Believe it or not ive had to rejet mine up to an .036 already just to get a decent plug readingplus variouse other things to insure gas flow because it let it breath so well it leaned it WAAAAAAAAY out to much????Heres a couple of pictures incase yer interested....Sorry theres more pics but i gues i can only upload 5 ata time..Anyways incase your wondering why i put the extra filter in the top its because when you actualy let it breath almost free flow the carb sounds louder than the exhaust.Now it realy has that two strokke sound to it like i know and love so well.Now if i can only figure out how to fit my por circuit pipe on it ide be happy.

Attachments