(between Niagara and Newport in Oceach Beach)​

If you can finish this ride you might be able to finish the upcoming
Southern California Motorized Bike Rally

Click Here For Route Map

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Still got to track down some crank arms, and a new rear wheel. The rear wheel won't be as hard as the cranks, but still have to re-put on the rear sprocket. I hate doing that. The frame looks straight, and the engine is running great! Scotto- is the black and blue bike your 2-stroke or is it a 4-stroke as well? See you guys on the 4th, if all goes well.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Norm, I've never had problems with the police at all. Have even ridden through registration and drunk driver check points. Police just look the other way.

Even not having helmets hasn't been a problem (yet).

Police are understaffed and over worked down here. They don't need the extra aggravation of dealing with MBs.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here's a question... do you SD guys have any trouble from the police regarding MB's that don't have license plates??
Yeah as Maxvision said, they're pretty cool down here with these things....only one in our group so far has a plate....it's the only one I've ever seen. One SDPD officer told me all I need to wear is a bicycle helmet, I know that's not the law, but that's what he told me.

Hope you and ccc and others can make it down for this ride...it's a blast!

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I promise nothing; but Jen & I are thinking of rolling down for this one.
Any recommedations of a nice motel near the ride?
I could put you up at my place Norm. We have 3 bedrooms, use only 1. However, we're quite a ways away from the fun and night life in OB.

Otherwise, Ocean Beach Motel is right on the water and close to lots of bars, restaurants and the start of the ride. If you want something nicer there's The Inn at Sunset Cliffs. It's about 12 blocks from the night life, not withing crawling distance as the OB Motel is. You can google them both.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Still got to track down some crank arms, and a new rear wheel. The rear wheel won't be as hard as the cranks, but still have to re-put on the rear sprocket. I hate doing that. The frame looks straight, and the engine is running great! Scotto- is the black and blue bike your 2-stroke or is it a 4-stroke as well? See you guys on the 4th, if all goes well.
Hey Keith, the Black-n-Blue was a 2-stroke, but I added 2 more, making it a 4-stroke now

Hope you can make it on the 4th....sorry to hear of your accident:(

Happy Turkey Day!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Hey Keith, the Black-n-Blue was a 2-stroke, but I added 2 more, making it a 4-stroke now

Hope you can make it on the 4th....sorry to hear of your accident:(

Happy Turkey Day!
Stuff happens. If I have to I will change out my cranks completely. Happpy turkey day to you as well. The black and looks pretty cool. Hope to see everyone on the 4th. Looks like we might get some rain on the 3rd. But the 4th is looking good. laff

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Almost 300 hits on our route map so far. Discouraging that we had to reschedule :-|| but hopefully the fire still burns in alot of you.

Weather forecast for saturday is partly cloudy, temperature with a high of 67 degrees. Looks like it's going to be a great day for a ride!

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Kind of late to make this announcement now but those of you who see this, please bring a helmet.

Police stopped by OB Motorcycles last week and asked them to stop selling motorized bikes cause too many people were complaining about motorized bikes. The policeman also said the Commander told the police to start cracking down on MBs (whether the Commander really said that or not is another question).

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Kind of late to make this announcement now but those of you who see this, please bring a helmet.

Police stopped by OB Motorcycles last week and asked them to stop selling motorized bikes cause too many people were complaining about motorized bikes. The policeman also said the Commander told the police to start cracking down on MBs (whether the Commander really said that or not is another question).
Hey max, my bike is still down for repairs, is your black bike still for sell? And if so, what are you asking for it? I want to ride! Even if not, or if out of my price range, I. Will be at the start to see you guys off. And as far as the police as long as we have helmets and are not blasting around the public, what can they do? I don't think its illegal to sell a bike with an engine attached? So how can they ask them to Stop selling them?:-||