Where to buy a chain long enough for an OCC Chopper.

GoldenMotor.com

albert_c

Oct 21, 2010
San Jose, CA
Not sure what length I need or which vendor sells one long enought, so I thought I miight ask here. Preferably the best deal on the net available. Thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're using 415 chain, the size that usually comes with most engine kits, then you can replace it with #41, a better chain by the way, that is available at Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, Grainger and other places. It is a common size that is available in lengths, usually 10 foot. All of the places mentioned will also have master and half links.
That should get you on the road. Good luck.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
2door's advice is the best as it is better chain. Or you could use two lengths of the kit 415 and two master links if you already have the stuff. Ir you need to buy, then go with the good stuff, #41.
SB

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
i get my chains from pirates, they are a 415 chain but smaller and lighter! with the 41 chain, and the other 415 chain ive ran before, theyre too big and heavy, causing lots of vibration even with the tensioner. the chains are 15 bucks and youll need 2 of them if one isnt long enough, then go to your local bike shop and get a chain breaker. this will help you get your chain to the exact length you need, without using a master link. If you do use a master link however, one is enough, they make a weak spot in the chain and with the right chain breaker you can put your chain together without it... hope that helps.